Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I almost put all of these books down, but I continued through them to see if it got better or if the ending was redeemable. In most cases, they weren't.

In no particular order. All titles link to the reviews.

1. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines & Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
1 star and 1.5 stars
Really, I just continued on with these due to the insanity. While entirely frustrating, it was oddly entertaining because everything was pretty bad.

2. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase
1 star
Reasoning for continuing on? Why, the lovely read-a-long I did with Christina was more entertaining than the book.

3. Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway
1 star
I completed this book only out of sheer willpower because I did not believe in DNFing at the time.

4. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
1.5 stars
Very easy to read and get through and also very enjoyable, but when you sit back and think about it all you can say is, "WTF! None of that made sense!"

5. Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young
1.5 stars
Very easy read to get through which contributed to me finishing it. I was also curious about a few things, but it just wasn't a good book.

6. Death Sworn by Leah Cypress
2 stars
Another very easy read to get through. Similar to DEAR KILLER in the sense that it had so much potential and was executed very poorly.

7. Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
1.5 stars
I finished this more because the person who let me borrow it absolutely adored it. I still don't know why, though the author is one of the sweetest people I've ever encountered in the blogosphere.

8. Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
2 stars
An incredibly fast read that did not sit well with me. I finished it because the author is one of the nicest authors I met at BEA last year, but I did not like the way the book resolved itself at all.

9. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan
2 stars
I never read a book by either of the authors so I finished with the hope that it got better. It didn't.

10. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
A very kind 3 stars
Honestly, I just finished it because I didn't understand what the fuss was about. Still don't.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am so sad that you didn't like Just Like Fate because I LOVED it, but I'm totally with you on Hopeless. I just don't understand what about that book has everybody in love with it. I found it utterly un-compelling and just mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Killer made my list too, Seriously what was that book?!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete