~*~On The Blog~*~
This was definitely another solid month for me! I can't really complain. I'm getting back on track with blogging and loving every minute of it! Plus, I'm really taking advantage of the fact that I can get ahead this summer so that my blog will remain active throughout school. I reviewed a total of 7 books this month on top of hosting several guest authors and some bonus content. I'm just really proud of the time I can put into Lili's Reflections again. Have any of you noticed any changes?
Books Reviewed:Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo - 5 stars
On The Fence by Kasie West - 5 stars
Landline by Rainbow Rowell - 4 stars
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne - 4 stars
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno - 3.5 stars
The Body in the Woods by April Henry - 1 star
Books Reviewed on Tynga's Reviews:
The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy by Nikki Loftin - 3 stars
The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy by Nikki Loftin - 3 stars
The Broadway Review Update:
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
- Last month, I announced that I was discontinuing this series. I lied... Since last month, a lot has changed. I realized certain things about myself and a lot of people around me and I'm throwing it all away. This is my blog, I'm going to blog for me, and, dang, I like Broadway. Thus, I will occasionally post about Broadway. It makes watching the Tonys even more fun! Plus, I saw a show on June 1st that I have been dying to talk about, so check out my thoughts on ALADDIN here!
- I'm giving away an audiobook of Rainbow Rowell's upcoming adult book, LANDLINE! You can check that out here.
- I'm also giving away a signed copy of ONE MAN GUY, perhaps one of my most recommended summer reads and also the perfect LGBT book. Don't hesitate to win that book here!
- My STRANGE AND EVER AFTER giveaway is still running here.
- Please note that I have picked and contacted all winners for my other 5 blogoversary giveaways and THE BONE SEASON giveaway.
- Rating systems...I don't understand how some bloggers function without them! However, I have to admit, the evolution of rating systems is cringe worthy. Some of my first five star reviews are definitely no longer five star reviews.
- I have decided that this summer is officially dubbed the summer of series. I have trouble finishing series because I'm scared the magic will be gone, but I'm going to use this summer to overcome that fear. See how I plan to do that here!
College Blogging 101 Posts:
- My post went up about why blogs are important to surviving college (and life). This is so true and I highly recommend checking it out here!
- My good friend Alyssa from The Eater of Books stopped by to share a top ten post about how you can take advantage of your summer blogging-wise. I agree with everything she says here and the GIFs are fantastic!
- Rachael from Rachael Turns Pages stopped by to talk about how social media can be so overwhelming it may effect your blog content in a negative way! You can find that post here.
- I got really sick at one point this month and I apologize for that because it hindered me from keeping up with this feature.
- I launched the Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon blog tour for Bloomsbury! It was awesome. Lucy stopped by to talk about writing advice for young writers since she wrote this book as a teenager! If you're an aspiring writing, check that post out here.
- I did the first part of my BEA Recap here!
- The awesome folks at Macmillan Audio asked me to share a Landline Audio Clip with you attached to my audiobook giveaway!
- My good friend Paula Stokes stopped by to discuss the heart of Lainey. She may not be likable, but she is an amazing role model. See why characters that have to grow on you are actually some of the best role models out there here!
- I brought vlogging back to my STS posts! You can find my first vlog in 10 months here! Do you prefer vlogging STS videos or regular STS posts?
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I saw Aladdin on the very first of this month! It was absolutely wonderful, and it was so nice to see the guy who played Genie win a Tony a mere week later! I loved this show so much that I decided to bring back The Broadway Review! I happen to love Broadway and I don't want to remove it from my blog.
- The Challenge Free Agents ended. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed. I desperately wanted CT and Cara Maria in the finals. Also, I'm so sick of Bananas winning. Johnny the rookie was so close to bringing that home and I was definitely rooting for him. I'm a little shocked that Zach can be such a child...but then again, I'm sure I legitimately would have died if you asked me to do half of what he did.
- Big Brother Season 16 premiered and I am so excited! I have Live Feeds for the first time and they are making all the difference. I really like Frankie, Donny, Christine, Nicole, Zach, and Victoria. I am not a fan of Devin, Brittany, or Joey. What are your thoughts on Big Brother?! Tweet me so that we can discuss during live episodes!
- The 2014 FIFA World Cup has started this month and it is my first time watching it...ever. I am surprisingly enjoying it. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!
- I checked out the new singing competition Rising Star out of sheer curiosity. I participate if I happen to catch the check in n the app, but otherwise I tend to read a book while watching and I glance up every now and then. There's some super surprising talent, but there are many bores and well...Kesha sucks as a host. Ludacris is my favorite host if you ask me. He seems to be the only honest one who really knows what he is doing the entire show.
- I had some sister bonding time when my sister, Sydney, and I went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2. This movie was everything I hoped it would be and more. I cried, I laughed, I triumphed. Just ah, Toothless owns my heart! I definitely can't wait for the third movie and to see more of a few new characters. Also, I really want to read the books now since they are apparently nothing like the movie. Please please tweet me if you want to discuss because I can't get enough!
- I saw The Fault In Our Stars the day before it came out with Tabitha! It was a very spur of the moment decision. I cried a little bit, I'll admit that. It is very true to the book and the dialogue is taken from the book, but the book is much better in my opinion. With that in mind, the movie is super enjoyable and I think that Ansel Elgort really did Augustus justice.
- I finally watched Schindler's List for my online class. This movie, guys. THIS MOVIE. Everyone just needs to see it once in their life, even if you cry and get sick to your stomach at times.
- To make myself feel better after watching the movie above, I watched John Tucker Must Die because, hello, it can't help but make you smile! I love the baddies but goodies <3
- Lastly, I babysat and watched the new Disney channel original movie Zapped with Zendaya and some hot guy that does not look like he is in high school. It came out the day I babysat so the kids made it into an event. I am so sad that the quality of Disney Channel movies from my childhood has severely diminished.
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3