Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I think the fact that I struggled to put together this list is a good sign! Heck, I couldn't narrow it down to 10. With 11 amazing books so far, I can't imagine how I can pick my top ten books at the end of the year!

All titles lead to a review if I have reviewed the book thus far. In no particular order...


1. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes- This book had such a unique romance and it also had me laughing out loud. Honestly, this is the perfect summer read.
2. Twilight (The Mediator #6) by Meg Cabot- The perfect end to an amazing series! Wow, just wow. I love this ship and it was six books in the making, but I couldn't have asked for anything better. I am super excited that there will eventually be a seventh book!
3. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman- At first, I struggled with this historical fiction Holocaust retelling and romance between a German and a Jew. However, I have to admit that this was one of the most well written and moving books I have read this year.

4. On The Fence by Kasie West- This book cements the fact that all of West's contemporaries will be hilarious and swoony and perfect for the summer!
5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge- One of the first books I read this year, this twisted retelling blew me away and is still fresh in my mind!


6. Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard- This was the first book to make me cry this year, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I read this in January and, damn, I can't wait for the world to be able to discuss this with me.
7. One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva- This book is downright hilarious. Honestly, the perfect LGBTQ read and it is also perfect for summer. I adore this author!
8. Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton- A very quick read, but super powerful. It reminds me a lot of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL by Trish Doller. I literally read this one at 2am in a single sitting.


9. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo- I don't know what else to say about this book aside from STURMHONDDDDDD. It's Leigh Bardugo, guys. Everything she writes is magnificent.
10. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Keneally- Perhaps my favorite of all of her stories so far. This is definitely one that cannot be missed!
11. All Lined Up by Cora Carmack- I love sports. I love to laugh. I love ship-worthy ships. And, most importantly, I love to swoon. The 40th book I read this year provided me with all of that and more! <3

Don't forget to share your TTT lists with me below!

12 comments:

  1. The Prisoner of Night and Fog made my list too - that time period always fascinates me, and I found Gretchen's story so moving and realistic. Plus, Daniel is so cute. :)
    All Lined Up *barely* missed my list, but it's one of my favorite NA books. I love that it had so little angst, and that football played such a big part of it. Definitely a swoony read.
    Can't wait for One the Fence and Breathe, Annie, Breathe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST read it the night I put this together, so ALL LINED UP is super fresh in my mind for sure. AND OMG YOU WILL LOVE THEM!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I am so stinking jealous that you've gotten a change to read Strange and Ever After. I'm dying for July 22 - need it, need it, need it! I haven't gotten a chance to read the rest of your books on this list, but they are hanging around on my TBR pile just waiting, waiting, waiting. Gotta get them read - and you've made me that much more excited to do so! :)

    Here's my list of favorites from this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving a copy of it away on my blog! (:

      Ugh you haven't read any of those?! Girl, you are missing out!

      Delete
  3. Prisoner of Night and Fog, Siege and Storm, Cruel Beauty YEP! I need to read Strange and Ever After soon, because I must know how the book ends! Awesome list Lili!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have three matching books on our lists! Yay!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have matching books ;)

      Delete
  6. Cruel Beauty was one of the first books I read this year as well! I can't believe I forgot to add it to my list.... I'm also wicked excited for Breathe, Annie, Breathe!! OH. And Art of Lainey.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 You can borrow ART OF LAINEY or BREATHE ANNIE BREATHE if you want to!

      Delete
  7. On the fence was one of my favorites! Kasie West can do no wrong! AAH The happy feels!

    ReplyDelete