~*~On The Blog~*~
July has been a great month for me! It was my last full month devoted to the summer and I spent it with friends and also reading! While I entered a bit of a reading funk near the end, I definitely enjoyed this month for the most part. Reading MORTAL HEART, finally, helped a bit, too, obviously! ;)
Books Reviewed:Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally - 5 stars
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson - 4 stars
Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard - 4 stars
One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington - 4 stars
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo - 3.5 stars
Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne - 3 stars
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre - DNF
Earthquake by Aprilynne Pike - DNF
The Broadway Review:
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
- I reviewed HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH which I saw all the way back before BEA. I chose to review this one because of the announcement saying they were briefly extending the musical. If you can get to NYC before the beginning of October, this is definitely a show worth attempting to see! Find out why here!
- I hosted a giveaway as part of the Christmas in July blog hop! It was actually a lot of fun! I have signed up for a few more blog hops in the future for ya'll.
- All previous giveaway winners have been contacted!
- I had an experience where I attempted to read a sequel to a book whose prequel I loved, and I realized that in retrospect, reviews will often differ from your feelings in the present day.
College Blogging 101 Posts:
- My post went up about knowing when enough is enough and not forcing yourself to blog when you simply can't because of stress or lack of time or energy.
- Jessica stopped by to say that the best thing you can do for your blog is letting your mind go!
- None this month, unfortunately. There was so much going on in June that I needed to take a break!
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I didn't see any Broadway shows this month, but I have tentative plans for August, so my fingers are crossed!
- Big Brother Season 16 is well under way and I'm enjoying it a lot more than last season. I love Donny and Derrick with Cody, Nicole, and Hayden right behind them. I liked Zach up until his attack on Wednesday night's episode. Caleb needs to go, Frankie needs to stop being a rat, Victoria needs to stop crying, and everyone else needs to play harder. What are your thoughts on the houseguests thus far?
- So You Think You Can Dance is back and I try to catch the show whenever I can. No distinct favorites, but I really do love Ricky and Zach. Teddy was a surprise for me, as was Rudy and even Valerie. But I have to admit that I like the guys way more than the girls this season.
- Not many movies this month! Been spending it with the family and with friends. TV hasn't been catching my eye unless it is for Big Brother for the most part!
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3