Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
I actually loved putting together this list! I managed to find friends, hotties, and survival pros so that we can live in a bookish wonderland without ever suffering. Something tells me this "stranded on a deserted island" will turn into a "vacation of a lifetime with no bothersome people ever again" type situation. I did it by book/series because I needed more than one from some of the faves, you know?

In no particular order, the top 11 (maybe more) characters I would want with me on a deserted island...

1. Ismae, Duval, and Beast from the His Fair Assassins Trilogy by Robin LaFevers - I feel as if Ismae would be an amazing friend on top of her ability to kick butt. Duval is just Duval and Beast is there for endless laughs and protection.

2. Ruby from Body In The Woods by April Henry - I hated this book, but this girl knows everything. She must know how to survive and can tell us what foods are good to eat, etc.

3. Chaol and Caelena from the Throne of Glass Series - We need some hotness so that there's something fun to look at, on top of the fact that he's a great strategist and can work with the island. Caelena is kickass and good at everything, plus she loves books. So these two were easy picks.


4. Hector from the Fire & Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson - I want Hector for pretty much the same exact reasons I want Chaol.

5. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - Hello, magic! It can help us! A lot! Plus, she likes books! And I grew up idolizing her! All of the exclamation points!

6. Katsa from the Graceling Realm Series by Kristen Cashore - Girls got mad skills, don't even deny it.
 

7. Malachi from The Guards of the Shadowlands Series by Sarah Fine - His job is to fight beasts, so he can fight any beasts trying to kill us on the island and look hot while doing it. Plus, he's Jewish. ;)

8. Tarver from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - He knows a lot about survival because of his military training, so he'd be essential to surviving. And, hello, hotness!

9. Lainey, Bianca, and Micah from The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes - If a girl is stranded on a desert island, she needs friends to help her through and these friends are awesome. Plus, Micah is a baker and we're just going to give him magical powers so he can bake us yummy food throughout our entire stay on said island. Yup. Logic.


10. Liesel from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak  - If I'm stranded for my entire life, I need someone to talk books with. And I don't just need her, but I need the combined force of both of our expansive libraries to keep me busy for eternity because if this were to ever happen to me, I would obviously be conveniently transporting every single book known to humanity on the plane with me.

11. Sand from The Castle Behind Thorns by Merrie Haskell - He has magical powers when it comes to fixing things. Need I say more?

Don't forget to link your TTT posts below!

18 comments:

  1. Great choices. I think Liesel is a fantastic choice. I think she'd be great to talk books with! I have Hermione on my list this week too. My list can be found here: http://chrissireads.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/top-ten-characters-i-would-want-with-me-on-a-deserted-island/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who better to talk books with than the book thief?!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great list! I haven't read all of these books but I'd like Chaol and Caelena on the island. ^^ But with someone else as well... like Damon from The Vampire Diaries HA, to keep someone company <---- pick me!! I like how you explained your choice of Liesel. :)

    Lola @ Hit or Miss Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I can't say I'm a huge VD fan :(

      Yeah, Liesel was my #1 honestly, even if for such silly reasons haha

      Delete
  3. Yes to Katsa! it is literally her talent to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection of characters!! I also selected Hermione Granger for my TTT post for this week!! She seems to be a popular choice with other bloggers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be shocked if she didn't make a list in all honesty. She is a hero of almost everyone's childhood, you know? And, on top of that, she's bookish. So it's amazing x2 lol

      Delete
  5. Book characters are much braver than in the past. These would all be great to have with you on a deserted island.

    Here's my Top Ten list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really interesting observation. There's certainly a new kind of heroine in novels today than there was even five years ago.

      Delete
  6. Great selection! It's great to see some more characters from the His Fair Assassin trilogy being mentioned. ^__^ I think Liesel's a lovely choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liesel is perfect <3

      But ugh! Beast! And Duval! And Ismae! I love them all. Currently reading MORTAL HEART and I am so anxious for what's to come! High hopes for this series ender.

      Delete
  7. Liesel is a perfect choice! Love your list!

    Our TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liesel was a must for me! I couldn't imagine this list without her. I almost stuck Max on there since he's my bookish soulmate, but I think Liesel is awesome enough on her own.

      Delete
  8. I forgot about having somebody to talk books with! That really is a must! I may have to rethink my ten! Haha, no shame in picking guys purely for their hotness. I have 10 men on my list, just because I think it would be awesome to be surrounded by men all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, I do have a ton of men on this list! And while attractive, they're all useful for some reason or another ;) I am very proud of this list haha I genuinely think it is perfect at this point in time.

      Delete
  9. I'm seeing Hermione in a lot of people's top ten tuesday list this week. She's a really great pick though so I'm not surprised :D
    my top ten tues: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-tO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! Hermione and Katsa would totally have been on my list :)

    ReplyDelete