Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
I actually loved putting together this list! I managed to find friends, hotties, and survival pros so that we can live in a bookish wonderland without ever suffering. Something tells me this "stranded on a deserted island" will turn into a "vacation of a lifetime with no bothersome people ever again" type situation. I did it by book/series because I needed more than one from some of the faves, you know?
In no particular order, the top 11 (maybe more) characters I would want with me on a deserted island...1. Ismae, Duval, and Beast from the His Fair Assassins Trilogy by Robin LaFevers - I feel as if Ismae would be an amazing friend on top of her ability to kick butt. Duval is just Duval and Beast is there for endless laughs and protection.
2. Ruby from Body In The Woods by April Henry - I hated this book, but this girl knows everything. She must know how to survive and can tell us what foods are good to eat, etc.
3. Chaol and Caelena from the Throne of Glass Series - We need some hotness so that there's something fun to look at, on top of the fact that he's a great strategist and can work with the island. Caelena is kickass and good at everything, plus she loves books. So these two were easy picks.
4. Hector from the Fire & Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson - I want Hector for pretty much the same exact reasons I want Chaol.
5. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - Hello, magic! It can help us! A lot! Plus, she likes books! And I grew up idolizing her! All of the exclamation points!
6. Katsa from the Graceling Realm Series by Kristen Cashore - Girls got mad skills, don't even deny it.
7. Malachi from The Guards of the Shadowlands Series by Sarah Fine - His job is to fight beasts, so he can fight any beasts trying to kill us on the island and look hot while doing it. Plus, he's Jewish. ;)
8. Tarver from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - He knows a lot about survival because of his military training, so he'd be essential to surviving. And, hello, hotness!
9. Lainey, Bianca, and Micah from The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes - If a girl is stranded on a desert island, she needs friends to help her through and these friends are awesome. Plus, Micah is a baker and we're just going to give him magical powers so he can bake us yummy food throughout our entire stay on said island. Yup. Logic.
10. Liesel from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - If I'm stranded for my entire life, I need someone to talk books with. And I don't just need her, but I need the combined force of both of our expansive libraries to keep me busy for eternity because if this were to ever happen to me, I would obviously be conveniently transporting every single book known to humanity on the plane with me.
11. Sand from The Castle Behind Thorns by Merrie Haskell - He has magical powers when it comes to fixing things. Need I say more?
Don't forget to link your TTT posts below!