~*~On The Blog~*~
I am moving into my dorm room tomorrow! I am finally going to be back in NYC having the time of my life and I am just so excited! Back to going to Broadway shows and trying insanely yummy new dishes from hole-in-the-wall restaurants and just enjoying life in my favorite place in the world with my best friends. <3 But, on an unrelated note, this month has actually been really great review wise. A ton of awesome books, if you ask me. While BROKEN HEARTS was super disappointing to me and DANGEROUS BOYS wasn't what I wanted it to be, I hope many future reading months are on the same level as this one because look at all those 4+ star reviews!
Books Reviewed:Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine - 4.25 stars
Isla and the Happily Ever After - 4 stars
False Future by Dan Krokos - 4 stars
Zac & Mia by A.J. Betts - 4 stars
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - 4 stars
Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas - 3.5 stars
Broken Hearts, Fences, and other Things to Mend by Katie Finn - DNF, 0 stars
Books Reviewed on Tynga's Reviews:
- I have left Tynga's Reviews after two years to help focus my time on my new internship at Bloomsbury in the Fall! While the ladies and Jon will be missed, I know that this was the right thing for me to do for both my focus and future. You guys have done so much for me, thank you for everything! <3
The Broadway Review:
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
- I wasn't able to attend any shows this month, but rest assured that will change within the next 2 weeks.
- No giveaways currently. I did have several this month, but they're all finished at this point. I've already got 3 planned for September, so stay tuned!
- This isn't really a discussion post, but I recorded my thoughts in regards to my first ever internship at a literary agency on my blog as a personal journal-like entry. You can find that here!
Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
- None this month, unfortunately. There was so much going on this month to prepare for school in addition to an impromptu vacation.
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I didn't see any Broadway shows this month, but I have plans for September where that will all change!
- Big Brother Season 16 is well under way and I have to say that I am at the point where I am significantly underwhelmed. It'll be hard for me to watch anymore episodes past tonight's episode at school and I just don't care anymore. While I like Derrick and want him to win because he's playing the best game, his minions suck. Frankie is absolutely disgusting, I hate Christine, and Cody is nice to look at but he's a huge floater that's all talk and no play. Caleb isn't as bad as he was when Amber was in the house, but I still don't love him or anything. Victoria is nice to watch, but she's a huge floater too, though she doesn't deserve to be treated the way she's treated by some HGs. Nicole is the only one I am genuinely rooting for now that Donny is gone (he freaking deserved the win over anyone else) and things aren't looking so great for her. I hope this double eviction rocks the house this week because if it doesn't then I officially will stop watching this season. At least last season was entertaining, racism aside.
- So You Think You Can Dance is almost done and I've caught episodes when I can. I want Ricky to win...and if not him then Zach...and if not him then Valerie. It's been a very entertaining season though. Not much else to say since I'm not super invested.
- Orange Is The New Black is absolutely amazing! I binged every episode in the course of a week and I can't stop talking about it or thinking about it. Season three needs to be here already! The wait is probably going to be insane! Ugh, I am so obsessed guys. So obsessed. AND THAT ENDING?! If you like this show e-mail me so that we can discuss.
- Bachelor in Paradise is really stupid. My sister watches this show so I watch it alongside her and seriously, gag me. So many of these people are delusional and annoying and I actually hate AshLee just as much as I hate Frankie. There is an equivalent! That girl, ugh, that girl. She reminds me of some ex friends of mine that are very nice on the outside by super conniving on the inside. People like them are not worth ANYONE's time and she needs a reality check, stat. (So does Graham because I love him and he deserves someone better).
- Guardians of the Galaxy was everything I wanted it to be and more. I literally laughed so hard I cried. Oh...and also...I am Groot. Basically, if you haven't seen this movie already, go make plans to do so immediately. I really hope there will be a sequel!
- My best friend happens to be gay and he watched the movie GBF on Netflix and decided he simply had to re-watch it with me because this was our friendship in movie form. Holy crap, guys. I died from laughing so hard. Watch this movie! And especially watch it with a gay best friend if you have one. Apparently GBF's are the new trend now ;) This movie is sarcastic and hilarious and on Netflix for anyone who has it!
- Spice World is back on Netflix. Obviously not the best movie masterpiece, but it's got the Spice World and it was my childhood obsession at one point.
- I have to admit that I re-watched (and teared up many times) watching Aladdin this month. This was one of my favorite childhood movies ever and Genie was always my favorite character. RIP Robin Williams, your amazing talents and ability to make anyone laugh will be missed.
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3