Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me I MUST Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

This list was actually pretty easy to make...Surprisingly. In no particular order:


1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman- Tabitha has been forcing this on me. I hope she's happy to know that I am trying to read it as we speak.

2. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta- Really any of her books for that matter. Jessie temporarily ignores me whenever she's reminded that I haven't read any of her books.

3. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I really enjoyed BOOMERANG so this book is getting bumped on my TBR!


4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling- Remember the whole I can't finish my favorite series ever because I'm emotionally unprepared to say goodbye thing? Yeah...

5. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson- This will change soon! I promise!


6. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner- Shae will not rest until I read this. Until the entire world reads this, really.

7. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan- So I tried reading INVISIBILITY by him and Andrea Cremer and I hated it. It's sort of turned me off from both authors, but I'll overcome it eventually. Too many people keep yelling at me to read this one, so...

8. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen- Really any Sarah Dessen book. I just worry okay?! I'm surprised Rachel is still my friend after me admitting that I haven't read any of her books.


9. Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan- I gifted this to Shae for Christmas and I now never hear the end of it. The girl is the ultimate book pusher.

10. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff- I will read it soon! I promise! I can't even peg a single person for forcing this one on me.

So...do you have any books to force onto me? lol

14 comments:

  1. THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER is probably my third favorite Sarah Dessen book--ALONG FOR THE RIDE and THIS LULLABY are above it. I recently read UNDER THE NEVER SKY and liked it, but I thought it was over-hyped and I'm kind of stuck on the sequel. As for IF I STAY--I read it once the first movie trailer premiered, and thought it wasn't bad, I think I might have liked it more if I would've read it a few years ago.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm struggling with IF I STAY currently actually :/ the writing style reminds me of a book meant for younger audiences.

      Delete
  2. YES to The Sky is Everywhere. READ IT NAOW.

    You are the only person I know who has avoided Deathly Hallows specifically, but I totally avoid series enders in general. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm especially bad at finishing series that I really like, but I can fly through a trilogy that pisses me off. It makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid series enders in general, but DEATHLY HALLOWS is like the queen of all enders that I can't defeat just yet. I just don't want to say goodbye and I get this pit in my stomach and argh

      Delete
  3. I was kind of the same way when it came to Deathly Hallows. I refused to read about the last 100 pages for about a year. I just couldn't handle it. So yeah, you're not alone in that. :)

    -Emily @ Books & Cleverness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you need to read ALL of these. Especially Stormdancer. And Harry Potter. And Under the Never Sky (I read the whole series in 2 weeks, which was incredibly satisfying)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try to marathon the UNDER THE NEVER SKY trilogy on my vacation next week!

      And I have been putting off the final Harry Potter book for so long!!!! lol like you have no idea the story behind why

      Delete
  5. 3. ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR ROAR...

    6. :D I feel like I should have this carved into my gravestone. "Pushed MWT on the entire world until she died."

    9. *fans self smugly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL MEET ROAR SOON! I PROMISE! This is most likely a vacation book for me.

      SERIOUSLY THOUGH! "Shae McDaniel: ultimate rec-ing ball for MWT"

      lol <3 I have unleashed a monster!

      Delete
  6. I really liked Under the Never Sky, Perry was my book boyfriend for the longest time! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roar's cool and all but we don't have any chemistry! Haha!

      Also in response to David levithan, I haven't read that book but a while ago I read Boy Meets Boy and LOVED it. Really cute stuff!

      Amber Elise @ Du Livre

      Delete
  7. 1. It's okay if you don't like If I Stay. You're still invited to see the movie if you want!

    3. ROAR. He's a character you need to meet and I think you'll really enjoy him.

    yOU'VE neve read a Sarah Dessen book?! If I'd known I would have dropped all of my pushiness about If I Stay... even Bora has read a Sarah Dessen book!

    ReplyDelete