1. Art History - Everyone I know that has ever taken one of these courses regretted it immediately. I have distinct memories of quizzing a friend for 3 straight weeks for her final and I am shaking just thinking about being on the other end of that ordeal.
2. Calculus - Yuck. Just yuck. Thank God I already got my math requirement out of the way and it WAS NOT this.
3. Chemistry/Biology/Physics - I took all of these in high school and I never want to take them again. Hello oceanography, astronomy, or geology for my future science course!
4. Fitness - My school actually offers basketball, volleyball, and yoga as one credit courses. Firstly, why would I ever do that to myself? I hated gym in high school. Secondly, if I wanted to take a yoga course I'd rather go to one of the many free classes around the city instead of having my parents pay a thousand dollars for this useless elective pass or fail (that's nearly impossible to fail unless you never show up) credit.
5. Computer Science/Intro to Computing - HTML is not my thing, nor will it ever be. I respect those who can do it, but Lili no comprende.
6. Womens and Gender Studies - I took one of these over the summer. While I totally respect feminists and support many feminist agendas, I felt like this class shoved feminism down my throat. It actually made me uncomfortable with how extreme the views were. I have friends who proudly refer to themselves as feminists (all the power to them) and when I told them about some of my assignments, they cringed for me. I am still shocked that I had to write a ten page paper on why it's wrong that it took so long to create a gender neutral E-Z Bake Oven. I repeat...TEN PAGES. I actually respect people with such a major, this is just not a major for me particularly.
7. Accounting - While I plan to take an intro to business course just to have such skills under my belt, I will be staying far, far away from accounting. My Aunt is an accountant and I know she loves her profession, but this is not something I ever see myself enjoying.
So, what about you? Do you have any classes that you'll avoid at all costs or any suggestions for me not to take because they'll sneak up on me and ruin my GPA? Something tells me a lot of people that hate math are going to pop up tonight.