My Current Obsession: Netflix



Over the summer I barely touched my Netflix account. Of course, that all changed when I had to start packing for school and I welcomed all forms of procrastination possible in my life. I could stick my headphones into my ears and make it look like I'm doing some of my online class's homework, but instead I was really watching ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK.

This show, guys. THIS SHOW. I am absolutely obsessed with this show. I binged both seasons in under ten days, which is absolutely ridiculous for me. I never do things like that.


The sad thing is amidst my roommate issues my first year here, I did attempt to start this show when only the first season was on Netflix. I quit the first episode about twenty minutes in from boredom and didn't look back until a few friends yelled at me to watch it. I forced myself through the first episode and part of the second and before I knew it, I was on episode seven of season one. I missed out. But Red is seriously my life now.


While this show is gritty and groundbreaking, it's also funny and sentimental. I feel connected to so many characters for so many different reasons. This cast is so diverse and talented and all I want is for season three to be available now. I don't want to wait until June!

Because I'm now back at school, Netflix is a usual part of my life again. I wasn't really anticipating it to be, though, until one of my roommate's decided to force BREAKING BAD on me. Needless to say, I'm currently on the brink of being in season three of five already. Granted, there's only seven or thirteen episodes a season, but whatever.


This show also has me hooked, though I have to admit it's probably not something I would have watched while it was airing on TV. It's gritty, at times downright disgusting, and the darkest subject matter I've ever seen shown on television shows and not movies. And that's what makes it so amazing. It's so easy to get attached to these characters except I hate Skyler because she's so annoying. And I've discovered I also desperately want a Heisenberg t-shirt.

So, here is my call to all you fellow devoted Netflixers that are much better at year-round Netflixing than I am. What should I watch when I finish with BREAKING BAD?  What should be my end of September and an unknown amount of October binge? What can my new obsession be?

Comment below with your thoughts! <3 Also, any opinions on either of the aforementioned shows that don't include spoilers for people who have yet to see them would be awesome. I need to geek out, guys!

16 comments:

  1. Umm I have no idea what shows you've already mentioned so I'm just going to list all my favs that are currently on Netflix. Criminal Minds, Gilmore Girls (in October), Haven, Friday Night Lights, Arrow, Chuck, Bones, That 70's Show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched THAT 70s SHOW reruns religiously when I was younger. I saw the entire show, every episode, through reruns that I recorded haha Love Laura Pepron and Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis and Topher and Wilmer and EVERYONE ELSE <3

      Arrow...adding it to the list. Gotcha girl. Thanks <3

      Delete
  2. In October Gilmour Girls will be on instant. I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOHHHHHH. I never watched it, but I've always been curious!

      Delete
  3. It's already been said, but GILMORE GIRLS. Literally my favorite show of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA after three comments in a row I have to bump it up on the list xD

      Delete
  4. Netflix is the devil.

    I love it, but it can sneak up and steal a whole weekend from me! I think I finished Orange is the New Black (season 1) in a DAY. And yes, Orange is the New Black is EVERYTHING. I got to finish season 2 but I'm attempting to make husband finish season one so we can watch it together! Have you watched Luther yet? It's really short (I think like 4 eps a season) and stars the lovely Idris Elba who can do no wrong. I like it a lot!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But seriously though.

      I haven't even heard of Luther! I shall look into it. Is it up and coming still? I have friends who are TV junkies and I typically at least hear of shows, but this one is not ringing a bell.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love The Walking Dead, but it does have a lot of blood and stuff. The fifth season starts October 12 on AMC. I started watching the Once Upon a Time series, it's pretty good so far. A couple others that I love are Gilmore Girls, New Girl and Arrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I won't be going near that show. I can''t deal with "blood and stuff" without not sleeping and I barely get any sleep to begin with these days.

      I love OUAT!!!! It's my favorite show and one of the few shows I watch while it airs.

      New Girl! Nice idea. Adding it to my list. Thank you for the rec!

      Delete
  6. Reign and The 100 are both really good (if they're on there). I especially love The 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read THE 100 book and was very neutral so I don't have a super huge desire to watch the show. :/

      Delete
  7. I love netflix so much. I binge watch so many things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the point of this post xD haha

      Delete
  8. Haha, I hated Skyler too. She is such a frustrating character. I need to see Orange is the new black soon. I LOVE (and they are all available on Netflix): Once upon a time, Sherlock, New girl, Hart of Dixie, The Tudors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! I mean Anna Gunn is an awesome actress, but I've yet to notice one redeeming quality in her aside from the fact that she loves Walt because I love Walt. She has a funny way of showing it though.

      YOU NEED TO WATCH THAT SHOW!!! OITNB is absolutely addicting!

      I love OUAT. Can't wait for it to be back on TV soon!!! And I watched THE TUDORS for one of my classes, believe it or not. SHERLOCK is on my list, may have to bump it up. Thanks for the rec!

      Delete