September Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~

I have to say that this has been an awesome month. Things have been super hectic between two jobs, an internship, and community service for class, but I am loving every second of it. I'm so happy I'm back in the city and while it took some adjusting, I'm back to reading again. The blog...it lives!

Books Reviewed:
I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - 5 stars
Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton - 3.5 stars
Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White - 2.5 stars
The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson - 1.5 stars
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares - 1 star

The Broadway Review:
  • I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it! Two reviews will be going up in October!
Giveaways:
  • I am giving away a copy of ADRENALINE CRUSH that ends in one day! So check it out!
Discussion Posts:
  • Tynga from Tynga's Reviews is letting me transfer content from her blog to mine. Find out what I mean here.
  • I finally got around to doing my summer of series recap post. Do you think it was a success? 
  • I talked about my current obsession...Netflix. Have any suggestions for future shows? See why I need them here
  • Lili Repellent...find out which classes you will never find me in in honor of me starting my sophomore year of college this month! 

Guest Posts and Bonus Content: 
  • None this month, unfortunately. There will be some next month!

~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

Broadway Shows:
  • I saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder which was absolutely perfect in every possible way. My Broadway Review of it will be posted in early October.
  • I also saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch again, this time featuring Andrew Rannells as Hedwig. He definitely made it his own and it was absolutely hilarious the second time around as well.
TV:
  • Big Brother Season 16 has ended and I think we can all agree that the person who deserved to win did win. Nothing else to say on this topic since this wasn't that great of a season aside from the fact that Frankie sucks. A lot.
  • Breaking Bad is my current Netflix binge. I am in season two and LOVING it! I am currently on the hunt for a Heisenberg t-shirt. Any suggestions?
  • Once Upon A Time Season 4 has started and I am definitely curious! Not much happened in episode one, but there was a lot of set-up for craziness in the rest of the season. I don't want to say anything else since we are legitimately only one episode in and I don't want to ruin it for anyone who may have missed the premiere, but tweet me if you want to discuss since this is my favorite show and the only show I bother watching live these days.
  • Derek Jeter played his last game and is no longer a Yankee. My heart is breaking. Thanks for all you have done for us, Captain. You were the first great that I have been alive to witness, though I hope you will not be the last.
Movies:
  • The School of Rock is on Netflix, meaning that of course I watched it with one of my roommates. This movie was my childhood. I used to have the hugest crush on the drummer when I was younger. We searched him on the Internet and, ouch, he did not age well.
  • Anastasia is also on Netflix and I've already re-watched it at least two times in the process of forcing it on everyone I know that has never seen it.
  • The Maze Runner is in theaters and wow, this movie was great! I haven't read the books, though I definitely will after seeing the movie. That ending has me way too anxious to actually wait for the next movie. Has anyone read the books and seen the movie? What do you think? Did the movie remain true to the books?
  • I also watched Chinatown for my online class. This is a Roman Polanski film from 1974 and this murder mystery was super twisted and interesting. Watching from the perspective of someone preparing to write a critical film analysis paper made it super interesting. The ending totally made me mad, though, despite the fact that I understand its meaning and importance and power. The ending I wanted wouldn't have made the movie as grand as it was. It deserved all the recognition it received though. Definitely check this out if you want a unique, twisted oldie.
    Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

    1 comment:

    1. lol, I also had a crush on Freddy from School of Rock when I was younger! I love that movie and have seen it way too many times :p

      I just finished watching the first season of Once Upon A Time, and I really like it so far! I'm excited to start season 2. Big Brother sounds interesting, too.

      I hope you have a great month, Lili! :)

      ReplyDelete