Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED To Read More


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This list sort of makes me ashamed of myself! haha

1. Stacey Jay - OF BEAST AND BEAUTY is among my favorite retellings ever, so I need more! I just got THE PRINCESS OF THORNS in the mail, so I can't wait to cross her off this list.

2. Robyn Schneider - Her debut, THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING, is one of my favorite books of all time. It truly spoke to me, so I can't wait to see what punny book she produces next.

3. Maria V. Snyder - I have only read POISON STUDY by this author, but I can't wait to read more.

4. Jenny Han -I read TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE and I now need more. Like yesterday.

5. Leila Sales - THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE was one of the most amazing books I have ever read. I have a feeling that I will love everything this author ever produces.

6. John Green - I read and loved THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. I hold this book on a very high pedestal. I'm hesitant to read more of his books for fear that I won't love them as much. However, in the back of my mind I know I'm being an idiot because it's John Green and everything he writes is amazing.

7. Megan Whalen Turner - I absolutely adored THE THIEF and I have to finish the series! I just have to find the time!

8. Michael Barakiva - ONE MAN GUY is among my favorite LGBTQ books ever. I know he only has one book out, but I will happily read anything else he writes!

9. Paula Stokes - Technically, I've read several books by this author but the others were under he pen name. I have only read one book under Paula's real name and I know she has 5 more contracts currently. I am eagerly anticipating each and every one of them.

10. Kendare Blake - I have only read ANTIGODDESS by her and I loved it. I can't wait for its sequel, but I'm hesitant to read anything else by her because she's primarily a horror author and horror novels don't sit well with me.

11. Always, one for good luck! Jandy Nelson-  I just finished I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN and now I have to read her debut stat. Enough said.

11 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Kendare Blake. I've read one book by her, loved it - and need to read more!!!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! But I can't read her other current published series. I wouldn't sleep for weeks! It makes it so hard... lol

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to read The Poison Study but haven't been able to find it. Le sigh, looks like I'll be using amazon for that one!

    And yes, Antigoddesss was such a good book! I think I'm the only person in the world but I thought that Anna Dressed in Blood was okay, but I really liked Antigoddess.

    Great list!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the entire series, but I liked book one. It's more of a guilty pleasure book, though. I enjoyed it even though I know I shouldn't have enjoyed aspects.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Out of your list, I've only read Kendare Blake. I've read both books out of the Anna Dressed in Blood series and I really enjoyed them. I've yet to read Anitgoddess, but I am planning on reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I'll just never read ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD. I know it's well loved and after reading ANTIGODDESS my assumption is that her hype is well deserved because I liked her writing, but I'm a wimp that will simply never pick up that book.

      Delete
  4. I've been meaning to read Of Beast and Beauty for forever -- my sister loved it, and it sounds right up my alley!
    I haven't read Maria V. Snyder's Poison Study, but her Inside Out/Outside In books are great for dystopian lovers. I feel like they are very pure and simple dystopian, and not like some of the dystopian that gets hated on today.
    In the EXACT same position as you on John Green. How could anything else of his measure up -- and then again, how could it not??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS SO GOOD! IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE DARK BEAUTY AND THE BEAST RETELLINGS!

      I read those and enjoyed them! I have to say I liked book one of the duology more than book two though. But they are very pure and simple and on top of that they sort of have an anti-hero which also appeals to me. That duology is just full of win if you ask me. Lots of sci-fi for readers, too.

      Pretty much in total agreement with John Green. It's JOHN GREEN, you know?

      Delete
  5. *stares at you FOR REASONS YOU KNOW FULL WELL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I KNOW! *see tweet to know that I know and will change this*

      Delete
  6. I have to admit that I haven't liked any of John Green's books that aren't TFiOS. I only gave Looking for Alaska two unicorns, which seems like a travesty, but it's also a true story. I need to read Stacey Jay books now!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete