Top Ten (Non-Scary) Movies To Watch To Get Into The Halloween Spirit


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Since I already talked about some good books to get into the zone for Halloween for squeamish readers like myself here, I have decided to go the route of movies for this Top Ten Tuesday post.

In no particular order, the top ten non-scary movies to watch to get into the Halloween spirit...


1. Hocus Pocus- Do I really need to explain this one? It is full of amazingness for all ages.

2. Halloweentown, Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge, and Halloweentown High- We don't talk about the fourth one because it's so terrible. I grew up with this trilogy of movies and they'll forever be among my Halloween favorites because of this. Such a cute idea!

3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show- This movie is a cult classic for a reason!


4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- There's magic and wizards in this, so it counts! But really, Harry Potter is perfect for every occasion.

5. The Nightmare Before Christmas- This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!


6. The Addams Family- I honestly can't remember the last time I saw this, but hey, this is a family who is modeled around Halloween!

7. Scooby Doo- You know, that one with people where everyone had a crush on Fred and thought Shaggy was a complete stoner. Yup, I still love those movies to date.

8. Edward Scissorhands- Friendly and lovable monsters played by Johnny Depp? Sign me up!


9. Monsters Inc & Monsters University- Movies about monsters made for children that can also be loved by adults. You go, Pixar. Four Halloween treats for you, Pixar.

10. Bettlejuice- This movie used to scare me so badly when I was little. Need I go further?

Don't forget to check out my list of good books for squeamish readers! Until then, what do you think of my movie recommendations?! Don't forget to link your TTT posts below! <3

19 comments:

  1. I like it that you chose non-scary movies. I get so scared of the real frightening movies.
    My TTT List for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't handle anything with gore on screen. Even the first time I saw Meat Loaf's entrance in ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW made me uncomfortable

      Delete
  2. You definitely have some of my favorites on here. I love, love, love Tim Burton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand anyone who can find it in them to hate Tim Burton.

      Delete
  3. I like that you've went for non-scary movies. That's definitely my sort of list. I absolutely adore Hocus Pocus, Addams Family and Edward Scissorhands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edward Scissorhands is such a great movie!

      Delete
  4. Aww, your list is so much better than mine! I only picked three scary and three non-scary. I cannot believe I didn't think of Rocky Horror Picture Show! Ugh, now I must go listen to the soundtrack and remind myself of it's greatness.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky Horror Picture Show is life <3

      Delete
  5. YES to all of these! I just watched Nightmare Before Christmas the other day. I always forget how amazing it is! I also feel like a Rocky Horror watching needs to happen soon!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can watch ROCKY HORROR whenever, not just around Halloween. It is a year round movie meant for watching! <3

      TNBC always blows me away, too! So unique and perfect and fun.

      Delete
  6. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas because you can watch it at Halloween AND at Christmas! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously though. One of the many reasons it is so perfect (but to me it always feels like more of a Halloween movie than a Christmas one)

      Delete
  7. I can't handle anything too horror-esqe so these are all great picks for me !

    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't either. Not even horror-esqe, but related to horror in any way shape or form in the littlest bit.

      Delete
  8. Hocus Pocus made my list too. Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and The Addam's Family are all great choices. I always think of Harry Potter around Christmas time though. I've seen it on several lists today, so I guess I'm on my own there. Great picks this week!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, one of the movies does take place during Christmas, but wizards remind me more of Halloween than Christmas haha

      Delete
  9. This is a wonderful list! I don't usually like scary movies so these are perfect for me. I watched Hocus Pocus and a few of the Halloweentowns over Halloween this year

    ReplyDelete