Epic Recs: November

Cue having a mini panic attack because I've already been in the city for over half a semester and it does not feel like it. *breaths in and out slowly*

Epic Recs is hosted by Judith and Amber.

Pretty much, it's our own awesome book club where you team up with a bookish buddy and become Epic Rec partners. You epically recommend one title to them each month and they do the same for you in return and you sit back, relax, and read. My Epic Rec partner is the lovely Bekka from Great Imaginations, formerly of Pretty Deadly Reviews. We've known each other for a while and she's one of my best blogging friends, so I am excited for this new endeavor of ours to continue!

I have to say that our first month went really well. Bekka dared me to read THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson and I dared her to read OF BEAST AND BEAUTY by Stacey Jay. While she did not love it, she did enjoy it and could see herself recommending it to people in the future, so I would say it has been a success! Click on the highlighted link of the title to see her awesome review.


Bekka's November Pick: Bekka recommended COMPLICIT to me and I have to admit I'm excited, mostly because I enjoyed Kuehn's debut novel and was unaware that she published another! Fingers crossed that I enjoy it. On a side note, look at that awesome cover! Just wow.

My November Pick: I chose to recommend ANGELFALL by Susan Ee to Bekka. It's delightfully twisted and dark with a killer romance and I recommend it to everyone, but I especially think it is right up Bekka's alley.

Here's to an amazing first month of Epic Recs, an awesome-looking second month, and many more ahead of us!

What do you think of our recommendations? Have you read either of them? What did you think of them? <3

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Susan Ee's Angelfall. Penryn's mom might be one of my favorite most complex characters!! I definetly check out complicit as well. Great recs guys!
    ~ Britt @ pleaseFeedTheBookworm.com

    ReplyDelete