|I don't know exactly who started this tag, but I love the idea of uniting book bloggers!|
I was tagged by Dana at Dana Square. Thanks for the fun blog post, girl! This is a great way for my followers to get to know better.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominator ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.
1. What was the last book you read that you gave 5 stars to?
I gave five stars to The Start Of Me and You by Emery Lord last week, but the review hasn't been posted yet. Does that count? haha. Anyway, this book made me cry and it was so perfect and powerful. Emery Lord knows how to wow me.
2. What book got you into reading YA?
Honestly, it was probably The Lightning Thief and its subsequent books by Rick Riordan. I was re-reading them a while ago and once I began, I never stopped. I know they're not technically YA, but they brought my love of reading back after it was broken a few years ago.
3. What character from a series deserves their own spin-off book or series?
Definitely Kenji from the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. This guy was so hilarious and he was not only comedic relief, but integral to the plot at certain moments. I would love to see more of him, even after that disappointing series ender.
4. What is your most recent favorite genre?
My favorite genres have never really changed. I am still a sucker for any kind of retelling/reimagining or a high fantasy novel, so I guess fantasy in general is just my thing.
5. Do you collect anything other than books?
Yes! I actually collect snow-globes. My parents bought me a ton of them when I was little and as I got older, I would begin asking for snow-globes for the holidays or whenever my friends go on vacation, so the collection has sort of grown.
I also collect various forms of money from the different country's I've visited, just save a few coins or a bill here and there before I convert for memory's purposes.
I also now collecting Broadway tickets and Playbills for every show I see, so that collection is growing as well. It's just a bummer because I am missing a few playbills from my childhood when I didn't collect these seriously. I didn't start this collection until I was 18, but I'm already about to hit 20!
And lastly, I realized I also collect swag from my college. I have 16 (and counting) articles of clothing from my school and it's wonderful because I've only actually paid for two of those items.
6. What is your favorite TV show?
I have a couple. My favorite off the air TV shows are Veronica Mars and Breaking Bad. My favorite TV show that is still going on is the amazing Netflix original series Orange Is The New Black, and my favorite reality show is Big Brother, partially because my entire family likes this show so it is a family affair.
7. What is the next book on your TBR pile?
I am preparing to read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas because I have my own copy and I don't have the willpower to wait, but also Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn because it is my November Epic Rec and it's due back at the library soon!
8. Who is your most owned author?
I own the most books by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This woman is a writing machine, it makes it hard not to own a lot of her books.
9. When did you start blogging?
My first ever post was May 20, 2012. Once I started, I never stopped. Though I cringe a lot when I look at those reviews from the beginning. My taste and writing style has changed so much since then.
10. Which book do you love that you think deserves more hype?
Ahh so many. I think my two biggest least-hyped books are Dark Star by Bethany Frenette. Hello, we are talking superheroes! I also adore The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors because I love retellings and this is an Ugly Duckling retelling! It's not perfect, but it's near and dear to my heart and I like to force it on everyone who will listen.
~*~My Nominees~*~1. Jessie at Ageless Pages Reviews
2. Bekka at Great Imaginations
3. Angie at Disquietus Reads
4. Ashlea at Disquietus Reads
5. Summer at Blue Sky Bookshelf
6. Nikki at There Were Books Involved
7. Nicole at The Quiet Concert
8. Shae at Shae Has Left the Room
9. Mary at Mary Had A Little Book Blog
10. Montana at The Book Belles
~*~My Questions to My Nominees~*~
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite genre and why?
3. Recommend a book that you love that you think deserves more hype.
4. Aside from reading, what are your favorite hobbies?
5. Top 3 books you have ever read?
6. Who are your favorite authors and why?
7. What is the best book you have read so far this month?
8. What book is responsible for making you the reader you are today?
9. Do you collect anything other than books?
10. Tell us a weird fact about yourself that we probably wouldn't know.
Just a cute post to get to know me and get to know other bloggers! What do you think of my answers? Do we have anything in common?