Sisterhood of the World Book Bloggers Tag

I don't know exactly who started this tag, but I love the idea of uniting book bloggers!
I was tagged by Dana at Dana Square. Thanks for the fun blog post, girl! This is a great way for my followers to get to know better.

~*~Guidelines~*~
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominator ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.

~*~Questions~*~
1. What was the last book you read that you gave 5 stars to?
I gave five stars to The Start Of Me and You by Emery Lord last week, but the review hasn't been posted yet. Does that count? haha. Anyway, this book made me cry and it was so perfect and powerful. Emery Lord knows how to wow me.

2. What book got you into reading YA?
Honestly, it was probably The Lightning Thief and its subsequent books by Rick Riordan. I was re-reading them a while ago and once I began, I never stopped. I know they're not technically YA, but they brought my love of reading back after it was broken a few years ago.

3. What character from a series deserves their own spin-off book or series?
Definitely Kenji from the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. This guy was so hilarious and he was not only comedic relief, but integral to the plot at certain moments. I would love to see more of him, even after that disappointing series ender.

4. What is your most recent favorite genre?
My favorite genres have never really changed. I am still a sucker for any kind of retelling/reimagining or a high fantasy novel, so I guess fantasy in general is just my thing.

5. Do you collect anything other than books?
Yes! I actually collect snow-globes. My parents bought me a ton of them when I was little and as I got older, I would begin asking for snow-globes for the holidays or whenever my friends go on vacation, so the collection has sort of grown. 

I also collect various forms of money from the different country's I've visited, just save a few coins or a bill here and there before I convert for memory's purposes. 

I also now collecting Broadway tickets and Playbills for every show I see, so that collection is growing as well. It's just a bummer because I am missing a few playbills from my childhood when I didn't collect these seriously. I didn't start this collection until I was 18, but I'm already about to hit 20!

And lastly, I realized I also collect swag from my college. I have 16 (and counting) articles of clothing from my school and it's wonderful because I've only actually paid for two of those items.

6. What is your favorite TV show?
I have a couple. My favorite off the air TV shows are Veronica Mars and Breaking Bad. My favorite TV show that is still going on is the amazing Netflix original series Orange Is The New Black, and my favorite reality show is Big Brother, partially because my entire family likes this show so it is a family affair.

7. What is the next book on your TBR pile?
I am preparing to read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas because I have my own copy and I don't have the willpower to wait, but also Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn because it is my November Epic Rec and it's due back at the library soon!

8. Who is your most owned author?
I own the most books by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This woman is a writing machine, it makes it hard not to own a lot of her books.

9. When did you start blogging?
My first ever post was May 20, 2012. Once I started, I never stopped. Though I cringe a lot when I look at those reviews from the beginning. My taste and writing style has changed so much since then.

10. Which book do you love that you think deserves more hype?
Ahh so many. I think my two biggest least-hyped books are Dark Star by Bethany Frenette. Hello, we are talking superheroes! I also adore The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors because I love retellings and this is an Ugly Duckling retelling! It's not perfect, but it's near and dear to my heart and I like to force it on everyone who will listen.

~*~My Nominees~*~
1. Jessie at Ageless Pages Reviews
2. Bekka at Great Imaginations
3. Angie at Disquietus Reads
4. Ashlea at Disquietus Reads
5. Summer at Blue Sky Bookshelf
6. Nikki at There Were Books Involved
7. Nicole at The Quiet Concert
8. Shae at Shae Has Left the Room
9. Mary at Mary Had A Little Book Blog
10. Montana at The Book Belles

~*~My Questions to My Nominees~*~
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite genre and why?
3. Recommend a book that you love that you think deserves more hype.
4. Aside from reading, what are your favorite hobbies?
5. Top 3 books you have ever read?
6. Who are your favorite authors and why?
7. What is the best book you have read so far this month?
8. What book is responsible for making you the reader you are today?
9. Do you collect anything other than books?
10. Tell us a weird fact about yourself that we probably wouldn't know.

Just a cute post to get to know me and get to know other bloggers! What do you think of my answers? Do we have anything in common?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing the tag! I love your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am irrationally delighted that you collect snow globes. The MC in my favorite holiday book from my teens collects them and I have always wanted to but I have move around too much to make it practical. I just content myself with my mug and post card collections :)

    KENJI NEEDS HIS OWN BOOK OR NOVELLA OR SOMETHING

    Thanks for tagging us! This is going to be super fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that is so cute! I think once I move out or my parents decide to sell the house or turn my bedroom into a guest room or whatever they do when children get to the point in their college career when they no longer come home, the collection will be put into the attic.

      Until then, the snowglobes have just been displayed all over my shelves and bedroom since I was a child and through one move.

      KENJI NEEDS HIS OWN SERIES.

      And ahh I hope you guys have fun <3

      Delete
  3. I love Veronica Mars and OITNB too! Also, STILL flailing over your ARC of ACOTAR. I really don't think I will ever stop.

    This looks like so much fun! Thanks for the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, girl. Just you wait till Season three of OITNB comes out. I am SO EXCITED! You'll stop when the book is finally released and you have a gorgeous hardcover!

      Have fun with the tag ;)

      Delete
  4. You have ACOTAR and snow globes?! My kinda gal!! Can't wait to hear what you think about that fabulous book! That is at the tippity top of the Wishful TBR!
    ~Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha love finding another snowglobe lover!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tag! I need to start working on my post but I haven't had a free minute to breathe lately, let alone blog :( OK pity party over. I can't wait to start The Start of Me and You, I have been lining up a few can't-wait-reads for when I have a break from school in a couple weeks so my reading can be uninterrupted. And I would definitely read a Kengi spin-off. He was my favorite thing about that trilogy. And still freaking out a little of ACOTAR. I think you agreed to take my class for me this weekend so I could read this ;) And I am adding both of your #10 recommendations to my TBR because I know all to well what hidden gems there are out there. Great post! This is such a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D: Girl, you need a you day!

      YAAAS! I love that idea! Just line up the books you know will knock your socks off and read them back to back to get back into the swing of things.

      Kengi <3

      Haha yes, that damn class D:

      Ahhh yay! That's so great! I adore both books so much! I really hope you love them!

      Delete