2015 Reading Challenges

I have never really successfully kept track of challenges before...so I have a plan for 2015! I am going to include my challenge updates in my monthly recaps now so that I can't avoid them and forget about them! I definitely want to say that I have managed to complete something new with blogging and this is a solid goal!

Here are the challenges that I really want to complete!

The Daily Prophecy
This challenged is hosted by The Daily Prophecy and I am choosing to extend it to retellings in general, though I will have a focus on fairytale retellings. So, with that in mind, I'm going for Big Bad Wolf ranking which is 10-15 books, though something tells me that I may trade up for The Wise Princess ranking.

1. Fairest by Marissa Meyer
2. Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
3. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.



I am also participating in the Flights of Fantasy challenge hosted by Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Chelly. Fantasy is my favorite genre and I know that I am going to kick butt with this challenge! Since I plan on reading a lot of retellings (because they're my ultimate favorites alongside high fantasy) then this works out perfectly! There are no levels for this challenge, but I am going to challenge myself to 25 books for now.

1. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
2. The Glass Arrows by Kristen Simmons
3. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
4. Fairest by Marissa Meyer
5. Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
6. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
7. Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
8. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
9. Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
10. A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.

I am also going to participate in the contemporary challenge because Montana at The Book Belles is hosting it and she is an amazing friend of mine! Because I want to read so much fantasy this year, I am going to go for Peony level, which is 11-15 books.

1. The Last Good Day of the Year by Jessica Warman
2. Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne
3. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.  



2015TBR

I've been knocking a lot of books of my TBR lately and I want to continue doing that! I like that this challenge focuses solely on books that I already own and not those borrowed from friends or library books. However, because of that, it does limit my knocking down of my TBR list itself, so I am going to go with A Firm Handshake level right now, which is 1 - 10 books, with the hope that I can actually take more then 10 off my shelf. If this was just off of our TBR list it would be so much easier!

1. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
2. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
3.
4.
5.

I love how there's an entire challenge dedicated to reading diverse books run by Rather Be Reading, so I am going to participate! There are no levels, but I am daring myself to read at least 6 throughout this year.

1. Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
2. 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
3.
4.
5.
6.

That it's (for now!) Do you have any challenges you are participating in? Tell me about them below so that I can decide if I am interested!

10 comments:

  1. I did one challenge in 2014, and it was the Graphic Novel one. It was great, but I tend to have a difficult time keep track of what I've read and all that, so I don't know if I'll do any official ones this year. Good luck with yours though- love contemporary fiction!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I tried doing some challenges in 2014 and I forgot about them entirely...Definitely going to try to change that this year!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your challenges!

    I always participate in challenges, and next year I'm doing the TBR Pile Challenge (books published before 2015), LGBT Reading Challenge, and the Mythology Reading Challenge. Plus whatever monthly challenges or readathons grab my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm The TBR Challenge! I may have to join that!!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the fairytale retelling challenge :D I'm also doing Flights of fantasy and I can't wait to get started. I need to catch up on some fantasy series for sure! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy reading to you, too! Thank you <3

      Delete
  4. I'm doing all of these challenges as well. Good luck to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm entering a lot of challenges this year too! I just hope I donbetter with them in 2015 than I did this year - I set more approachable goals. Good luck!
    My Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I've been realistic will all of my goals! Fingers crossed :o

      Delete