~*~On The Blog~*~
This month has been a hectic one. I had to pack to switch dorms on top of finals and closing out on 3 different jobs for 2014, all of which I will be continuing on in 2015. I had a lot of issues near the end of my semester and I needed the ability to come home and breathe. I've been enjoying being home and having the ability to read. Look at all those books and the fact that I only disliked one book I reviewed this month! However, I am ready to be back in the city again. I want to continue at Bloomsbury and spend time with my best friends and even hang out with Kelly and Dana, my real life blogging friends, one of which is also a fellow classmate of mine. Can't wait to own our online class together, Dana! ;)
Books Reviewed:Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - 5 stars
Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - 5 stars
Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay - 4.5 stars - A Team Tynga's Transfer Review
When by Victoria Laurie - 4 stars
Hellhole by Gina Damico - 3.5 stars
Half Lies by Sally Green - 3 stars
The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick - 1 star
Books Read This Month:
The most solid reading month a girl could ask for if you ask me!
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen
- Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen
- Play by Kylie Scott
- Hellhole by Gina Damico
- Until Midnight by Melissa Landers
- When by Victoria Laurie
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (re-read)
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
- This Night So Dark by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
The Broadway Review:
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
- I saw and reviewed ON THE TOWN this month! The show was hilarious and perfect and would have gotten a perfect score if the understudy didn't mess up so much. Check out my review here!
- Jenna Black was awesome enough to stop by the blog to answer a few questions and host a giveaway for her Replica trilogy. The winner has already been chosen, but check out the giveaway here!
- Bekka and I are still going strong and our Epic Recs December picks were chosen with the goal to emotionally eviscerate each other. I think we succeeded, yes?
- I finished my third semester of college and I seriously cannot believe it. I needed an emotional pick me up near the end so I wrote an open letter to my future. In the long run, 2014 was great despite it ups and down and while it's looking like 2015 will not be off to the best start, I know by the summer I will be having the absolute time of my life. Bring it on 2015!
- I may not celebrate Christmas, but that doesn't change the fact that I expect to find certain book boyfriends under the Christmas tree when I wake up.
- One of my personal goals for 2015 is to focus on reading challenges. Not only do I want to read 100 books, but I also joined some blogger hosted challenges that you can find here!
- This isn't really a discussion, but I did my first ever unboxing style video and had an absolute blast. I cannot believe you guys spoiled me so much for Christmas. I love each and every one of you! <3
Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
- Jenna Black stopped by for a wonderful interview!
- The Huffington post published this awesome article that I found through Rachel's twitter about introverts and I think it's worth a read because it's interesting and on point.
- This isn't a new post, but Magan wrote a post about friendship on Rather Be Reading at the end of October that I just stumbled across and I really liked it. It's brutally honest and insightful and really helped me put things into perspective as I am struggling with a few friendships currently and do not know how to proceed.
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I finished off the semester by seeing On The Town with my Honors College mentee and I absolutely adored it. You can find my Broadway Review here.
- I have nine episodes of Breaking Bad left. I gave up finishing the final season in favor of guaranteeing the fact that I make my Goodreads goal because I thought it was necessary for my ego. This show is insane, but I am sensing a bit of negative foreshadowing and I am worried. Unfortunately the ending has been spoiled for me so I'm hesitant to continue because I know I'm going to die emotionally.
- Once Upon A Time is still rocking my socks off, but I haven't been able to watch the mid-season finale yet! I will, though, in January. I had to finish that Goodreads goal, guys!
- Survivor ended and I am happy to report that the only person who deserved to win did win! Thank God. I would have flipped out if Baylor or Missy won or even Keith. This was not a good season if you ask me, but I am very excited for the white collar vs blue collar vs no collar idea for the next season!
- Giants Football has officially come to an end and we had a terrible season, but I'm happy we get to hold onto Coughlin for one more year and we did show a few glimpses of greatness near the end. Now it's time to cross my fingers in the off-season because we have a lot of free agents going up and I don't want to lose a lot of them, especially JPP.
- I was lucky enough to see an advanced screening of The Duff and I freaking adored it. Sure, it's different from the book, but it is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming. The main character speaks to my soul and Robbie Amell is so hot! Also giving props to the fact that the voice of Katara is in this because yes <3 It was slightly weird seeing Bella Thorne as the mean girl, though. You are 17 years old and you are kissing a 25 year old. *shudders* Anyway, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT FEBRUARY, 20TH!
- I watched Reservoir Dogs for class for the first time and I still don't really know what to say about it aside from the fact that I can cross a major movie off of my to watch list.
- I also watched Pulp Fiction for that same class to write my final essay and I will admit I like this one more despite its weirdness and violence. Hey, what else do you expect from film noir and Quentin Tarantino at this point? Love me some Vincent Vega!
- I saw Into The Woods the day after Christmas and was severely underwhelmed. Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp were amazing but Johnny was only there for one scene and Meryl couldn't carry the entire movie on her shoulders. Little Red Riding Hood was decent, but everyone else kind of fell flat, though I will admit I love anything Anna Kendrick does just because I love her. The Baker was a huge focus of the movie and he was not well cast at all and I could barely understand Jack when he was speaking or singing. A lot of people died, the movie fell curse to Act two being nowhere nearly as strong as act one, and there was no depth whatsoever. Also, there was barely any speaking and mostly singing, but my favorite scene involved Prince Charming and Rapunzel's Prince singing AGONY on the rocky waterfall. I died of the perfection. All in all, wait until it's out on DVD or don't pay anything more than seven dollars to see it. NOT WORTH IT!
- Before I went to college my Dad and I used to have movie nights all the time and I really missed them so he suggested we watch Dave when he saw it on TV. This is a movie about a doppelganger of the President taking over office and making the nation love him while they hide the fact that the real President had a stroke. It's hilarious and adorable and heartwarming and you should watch it if given the chance.
- The Book Thief movie was on TV and since this is my favorite book I could not resist. It makes me cry every time.
- I turned on the TV and the movie Admission was randomly starting. This stars Nat Wolff, Tina Fey, and Paul Rudd, so I figured I'd give it a shot because I love all of them. Is it amazing? No. Will I watch it if I see it on TV again? Sure. I love all three of them and they'll always entertain me though this movie was not as funny as most of Fey and Rudd's other works.
- I love Imagine Dragons and I also love Dane Dehaan. Of course it's perfect when he's the actor in their new music video for the first single, I Bet My Life, off their new album.
- I'm kind of obsessed with Bruno Mars singing Uptown Funk. It's just such a great throwback vibe and he is talented, but people calling him the next Michael Jackson is a bit of a stretch. However, I have to say it's beyond entertaining to see how tiny he is in this video. He is dang short!
- This was not a Youtube month for me! I spent 2/3 of the month dealing with school and packing to move into my new dorm (yuck, packing!) and then the last 1/3 desperately trying to meet my reading goal...WHICH I DID! Boo-yah! (Well, I haven't yet, but I am on track to do so if I time this last day right so *fingers crossed*)
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3