Top Ten (Fifteen *cough*) Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

So 2015 is full of too much awesome to only put ten books on here. As a primarily fantasy reader, there's just too much coming out for me not to freak out. So this is actually the top 15 books I am excited for in 2015 because the numbers match up. Yup. That's my logic.

In no particular order...

1. Remembrance by Meg Cabot- Granted, I only just read her Mediator series this year, but it is among my favorite books now. When I found out that she was writing another book, I was equal parts excited and anxious only because I was so satisfied with the ending of the final book. Hey, at least I am not waiting years for this release. ;)

2. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han- The first book was so amazing that I am craving its sequel. I need to know how it ends and who she ends up with and what happens with all the boys she has loved before!

3. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard- I helped come up with a character's name in this, so I simply have to read it! Aside from that, though, Susan Dennard is an author friend of mine and I will forever read anything she produces. I mean, look at the synopsis of this book. It looks absolutely mind-blowingly amazing!


4. Throne of Glass #4 by Sarah J. Maas- Anyone else read HEIR OF FIRE? Obviously, it's setting up for something huge and awesome. I am so read for it, even though I know my heart will probably break more than once in the process of finishing the last three upcoming books in this series. This seems to be Maas's speciality.

5. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey- Hello, high fantasy with a gorgeous cover. Why, yes, I will read you and your brilliant premise happily!

6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas- I am a slave to Sarah J. Maas and anything she writes will be read by me. Seriously. Anything.


7. Hellhole by Gina Damico- Gina Damico's CROAK trilogy was my go to series for hilarity. It was entertaining and well-written, but it's over now! Thank heavens she has another dark and presumably humorous series coming out!

8. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo- I have a feeling that I am going to see this on many lists today. It's Leigh Bardugo, queen of everything YA high fantasy and awesome. I loved her world and though I was not the biggest fan of book three (really, I was super disappointed in this book), I have high hopes for the future of her writing.

9. Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen- The final book in a trilogy that wasn't supposed to be a trilogy in the beginning, but we are all so thankful it is one now. Please, don't rip out my heart like book two. I don't know if I can take it.


10. Vicarious by Paula Stokes- Paula is a good friend of mine and I am super devoted to her and anything she writes. I cannot wait for this book! Plus, it's a Tor novel and Tor blows my mind continuously.

11. Tonight The Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales- The first book I have ever read by Sales was THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE. It was very simply written and rather short, but beyond powerful. I have come to expect this type of writing from this author and I anxiously await her next book!

12. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge- CRUEAL BEAUTY is among my favorite re-tellings and it was such a powerful debut. It makes me crave everything else that this author has to offer.



13.
Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers- This book just looks so good! It's completely out of the ordinary and weird, which is what makes my hopes so high. We don't often find books that are as out there and insane as this one!


14. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab- VICIOUS is my favorite Schwab novel. When writing her adult work, Schwab tends to be willing to go places most authors aren't. She gets very dark and even questions her sanity at times while writing and this makes me beyond excitement. She is my go to for atmospheric dark and creepy reads that make you question everything. Schwab is absolutely perfect.

15. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard- Just look at the cover. When you're done admiring the pretty minimalist cover that is among my favorites ever, just read the book's synopsis. Yeah, that's all.

AND OF COURSE ONE FOR GOOD LUCK...


16. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay- OF BEAST AND BEAUTY was great and this book isn't the easiest to get a hold of, but she has me at fairytale retelling from the perspective of Sleeping Beauty's daughter.

This last was so hard to make. Even cheating the way I did, I left so many books out. 2015 is going to be a kickass year!

8 comments:

  1. Yesssss THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT IS SO GOOD. Haven't read any others of these yet but definitely plan to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Lady Thief. I'm actually really scared to because EVERYONE says it ripped out their hearts and I am not ready.

    Yesssss to Tonight the Streets are Ours. It sounds so good and weird and maybe a little bit creepy and the cover is BEYOND gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I still love you! I need to know what happens with Peter! Great list of books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these titles. And I agree, it's hard to narrow it down to 10 books! I'm really curious about The Girl at Midnight. It just sounds so creative! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks!! I'm so excited for Throne of Glass #4, ACOTAR, Red Queen, Truthwitch, and Tonight The Streets Are Ours. Ahhh 2015 is going to be epic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait for so many of these!!!! 2015 is going to be an excellent year for reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great choices!! I cant wait for 2015!
    ~Brittany T

    ReplyDelete