Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I'm so sad to admit that I just discovered most of these authors this year. I don't understand why I waited! I'm an idiot, I know!

1. Jandy Nelson- I read I'll Give You The Sun and immediately followed it up with The Sky Is Everywhere. To put it simply, my mind is blown. She will never stop blowing my mind and I am officially a devoted Nelson follower.

2. Abigail Haas- Dangerous Girls was one of those books that everyone told me to read and I just never did...until I traded for a copy with the promise that I would read it the second it arrived on my doorstep so that I could read Dangerous Boys, too.

3. Mary E. Pearson- The Kiss Of Deception was amazing. I love me a good high fantasy and I will definitely be reading the next book in this series.


4. Robin LaFevers- The His Fair Assassin Trilogy is now among my favorite trilogy's ever. I read all three books in the course of maybe three weeks this summer and I am craving the next book that is set in this world. This cast of strong female characters and amazing love interests is absolutely perfect.

5. Emery Lord- Open Road Summer was so adorable and it definitely signified the launch to an amazing new author. The Start of Me and You was equally as amazing. One of my go-to authors for contemporaries, for sure!

 
6. Jenny Han- To All The Boys I Loved Before...I know, I know! I have never read Jenny Han prior to this novel, but I loved this novel and will be looking forward to its sequel and anything else Jenny Han may write.

7. Meg Cabot- The Mediator Series was my first ever Meg Cabot books. Yup...prior to this year I never read a Meg Cabot book. And I am so regretting that now. Anxiously awaiting book seven's release!

8. Rosamund Hodge- She exploded on the scene with Cruel Beauty and will seriously be unstoppable in the dark fairytale retelling world. So much faith in her amazing storytelling skills and I cannot wait to read Crimson Bound!


9. Melina Marchetta- So...I finally read Jellicoe Road. Mostly because my Epic Recs partner made me. And I regret waiting to read this book a lot. I plan on gobbling up everything else she has written over break.

10. Anne Blankman- Prisoner of Night and Fog was an amazing read and I can't wait to see what else she has for us in the future.

What are your TTT posts?

8 comments:

  1. How excited are you for the sequel to To All the Boys? I CANNOT WAIT. Jenny Han is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I've had Grave Mercy on my shelf since last Christmas! I really need to get started on that one :)

    I love Jenny Han and cannot wait for PS I Love You. Such a great first book and that ending to the first. Ugh!

    My Top Ten Newbie Authors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! I think all those authors except Meg Cabot were new to me prior to this year, too! And some of them I still haven't read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved To All The Boys I've Loved Before! I really need to read all of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE Rosamund Hodge, I need to star Crimson Bound ASAP.

    I've heard great things about All the Boys I've Loved Before, I'd like to start it soonish! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading The Kiss of Deception and really enjoyed it. I also have Emery Lord on my list this week. I loved Open Road Summer and I cannot wait for her next book to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, there are so many good authors on your list! It makes me exceedingly happy that I've read and loved most of these novels, and that you wound up loving them too. You need to read more Jenny Han and Melina Marchetta ;)

    ReplyDelete