Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
Below are my top blogging goals and personal goals for 2015!
~*~8 Blogging Goals/Resolutions ~*~
1. Stay on top of reviews. I am so far behind it is ridiculous! I could have an entire month of reviews if I just wrote them already, but it's hard to call up certain feelings for me if the review isn't written immediately upon finishing the book.
2. At the end of the year have more posts total than the previous year. This is something I've been doing for myself each year and it has slowly worked, so let's keep that going! I like seeing my blog grow steadily, even if it's only by a few posts each year.
3. Write more discussion posts. I love discussion posts and I kind of fell off the bandwagon with them near the end of this year. Let's change that!
4. Shorten my reviews. I think that shorter reviews are great and there are always those books you can't help but talk about for forever, but I definitely want my reviews to be more condensed as I enter my third year of blogging.
5. Read at least 100 books. This year I lost the reading mojo for a bit so I want to fix that. I used to be able to read so much more than this in a year, but I think that for an intern and a college student 100 books is just fine. I want to reach this goal again without struggling for it in the end of December.
6. Comment more on other blogs. I have to say that I was successful with this resolution this year and I want to be even more successful with it next year. Unfortunately, Disqus currently thinks I am a robot and that both my emails are in use, so I have to figure out a way around that to comment on blogs with Disqus again, but aside from that I really do hope to continue to do this.
7. Keep a blogging calendar for when ARCs come out and for reviews. I feel like I was all over the place this year and I think planning would help...a lot. haha
8. Finish more series. This is definitely something I succeeded with in 2014 because of my inability to let go of characters and I want to continue on with this!
~*~6 Personal Goals/Resolutions~*~
1. Be happy. I did not end the year happy despite how great of a year 2014 was, so I want to change that. One of the things I've recently started is a quote journal full of quotes that I love, that mean something to me, that can be inspiration when I'm upset, etc. I really like it so far. I'm going to cover my corner of my dorm room with quotes about success, having pride in yourself, and moving forward.
2. Stay in New York City full-time. Of course I will visit home. Under current familial circumstances I will be needing to go home a great majority of my weekends this upcoming semester, but being primarily located in the city is something I love. I am so much more at peace with myself and my future here. I can actually think and be happy and get lost in a crowd, which I cannot do at home. Hello sublets in my future! <3
3. Continue fostering friendships at my college. Carolyn, Max, Kayla, and Dana are among the best friends I have ever had and I want to find even more people that I love even half as much as them.
4. Travel. I want to travel more this year, even if it's just out of state. I did not travel much in 2014 aside to Israel in the very beginning and then 5 days in Vermont this past Summer. Maybe I can change that and travel a little more, though going out of the country isn't a thing at this point until 2016 and my study abroad trip.
5. Get another 4.0 GPA. This past semester was my first ever 4.0 in college. I have had very high GPAs prior, the lowest being around 3.77, I think, but I want to experience the pride and happiness I experienced when getting a 4.0. It shows that the craziness that is my life is paying off. Staying in to study sucks, but it's worth it to avoid stress and to continue getting proper sleep. I just keep having to remind myself this.
6. Find an internship I love even half as much as I do Bloomsbury. No matter what, I see myself interning a lot in my future, but if I can find one that I love even half as much as I love Bloomsbury for this upcoming summer than I know there's nowhere to go but up because I'll be damn happy.
7. Control my own life, take the bull by the horns, what doormat? etc. I think this is pretty self explanatory, but I am sick of putting my neck out for people who wouldn't do the same in return. 2014 has been a year of transformation for me and that will continue into 2015 because it is empowering to take control of my life and run with it.
I wish everyone else good luck in achieving their resolutions for 2015! What do you think of mine? Don't hesitate to comment below with your thoughts!