Top Ten Resolutions for 2015!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Below are my top blogging goals and personal goals for 2015!

~*~8 Blogging Goals/Resolutions ~*~

1. Stay on top of reviews. I am so far behind it is ridiculous! I could have an entire month of reviews if I just wrote them already, but it's hard to call up certain feelings for me if the review isn't written immediately upon finishing the book.

2. At the end of the year have more posts total than the previous year. This is something I've been doing for myself each year and it has slowly worked, so let's keep that going! I like seeing my blog grow steadily, even if it's only by a few posts each year.

3. Write more discussion posts. I love discussion posts and I kind of fell off the bandwagon with them near the end of this year. Let's change that!

4. Shorten my reviews. I think that shorter reviews are great and there are always those books you can't help but talk about for forever, but I definitely want my reviews to be more condensed as I enter my third year of blogging.

5. Read at least 100 books. This year I lost the reading mojo for a bit so I want to fix that. I used to be able to read so much more than this in a year, but I think that for an intern and a college student 100 books is just fine. I want to reach this goal again without struggling for it in the end of December.

6. Comment more on other blogs. I have to say that I was successful with this resolution this year and I want to be even more successful with it next year. Unfortunately, Disqus currently thinks I am a robot and that both my emails are in use, so I have to figure out a way around that to comment on blogs with Disqus again, but aside from that I really do hope to continue to do this.

7. Keep a blogging calendar for when ARCs come out and for reviews. I feel like I was all over the place this year and I think planning would help...a lot. haha  

8. Finish more series. This is definitely something I succeeded with in 2014 because of my inability to let go of characters and I want to continue on with this! 

~*~6 Personal Goals/Resolutions~*~

1. Be happy. I did not end the year happy despite how great of a year 2014 was, so I want to change that. One of the things I've recently started is a quote journal full of quotes that I love, that mean something to me, that can be inspiration when I'm upset, etc. I really like it so far. I'm going to cover my corner of my dorm room with quotes about success, having pride in yourself, and moving forward.

2. Stay in New York City full-time. Of course I will visit home. Under current familial circumstances I will be needing to go home a great majority of my weekends this upcoming semester, but being primarily located in the city is something I love. I am so much more at peace with myself and my future here. I can actually think and be happy and get lost in a crowd, which I cannot do at home. Hello sublets in my future! <3

3. Continue fostering friendships at my college. Carolyn, Max, Kayla, and Dana are among the best friends I have ever had and I want to find even more people that I love even half as much as them.

4. Travel. I want to travel more this year, even if it's just out of state. I did not travel much in 2014 aside to Israel in the very beginning and then 5 days in Vermont this past Summer. Maybe I can change that and travel a little more, though going out of the country isn't a thing at this point until 2016 and my study abroad trip.

5. Get another 4.0 GPA. This past semester was my first ever 4.0 in college. I have had very high GPAs prior, the lowest being around 3.77, I think, but I want to experience the pride and happiness I experienced when getting a 4.0. It shows that the craziness that is my life is paying off. Staying in to study sucks, but it's worth it to avoid stress and to continue getting proper sleep. I just keep having to remind myself this.

6. Find an internship I love even half as much as I do Bloomsbury. No matter what, I see myself interning a lot in my future, but if I can find one that I love even half as much as I love Bloomsbury for this upcoming summer than I know there's nowhere to go but up because I'll be damn happy.

7. Control my own life, take the bull by the horns, what doormat? etc. I think this is pretty self explanatory, but I am sick of putting my neck out for people who wouldn't do the same in return. 2014 has been a year of transformation for me and that will continue into 2015 because it is empowering to take control of my life and run with it.

I wish everyone else good luck in achieving their resolutions for 2015! What do you think of mine? Don't hesitate to comment below with your thoughts!

15 comments:

  1. Aawwwww!! I am so happy that we have met in "real" life and go to the same school! We must meet up soon!

    I have some similar blogging goals! For calendar, I have been using google calendar for planning future review posts and all that jazz. Commenting on blogs is something I need to do more of. I read posts and forget to comment!

    Ahh I can't wait to get a sacred 4.0, it didn't happen this semester! I know Bloomsbury will miss you,but any publisher will be lucky to have you!;) 1and 7 are huge for me. I just want to go with the flow and enjoy life and not deal with those looking to take advantage of being nice.

    Proud of my epic comment length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the convenience of fate <3 So happy to have one of my favorite bloggy friends. I have to introduce you to Kelly when I finally manage to drag you to a signing of some sort!

      MY PLAN WAS TO START USING GOOGLE CALENDAR!!! And I have an excel grid for when books come out now. Idk if I'll manage to maintain it, but I hope I can.

      This is the first time it happened for me, but my second semester (whose schedule is very similar to yours!) I had 4 A's and 1 A- so you may have a shot. My 4.0 is not official yet since my final grade has not come in yet, but I did the math and unless I absolutely bombed my last essay I am expecting the 4.0.

      Yeah number 7 is important to me to. I just have to stop letting people walk all over me, pretty much and that will lead to number 1 :P

      I AM PROUD OF YOUR EPICALLY LONG COMMENT, TOO! <3

      Delete
  2. Great set of goals. Good luck with your goal of reading 100 books next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia! I am 3 away from 100 right now and since I have no plans these next 2 days until tomorrow night I think I can make it.

      Delete
  3. I want to read 100 books too! So far, I've seen people have lower goals so I started doubting I'll make it but if you can do it, I can do it :3 An internship at Bloomsbury sounds amazing o: I bet it must have been amazing! As must be New York. Out of all America, I would probably most like to go to New York City C: Good luck with your resolutions!

    Here's my Top Ten: https://bookrambles.wordpress.com/2014/12/30/top-ten-goals-and-resolutions-for-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC is the best place in the world, but it's a lifestyle. You either have it or you don't, so I definitely recommend coming to visit to see what this crazy concrete jungle is like!

      Delete
  4. What great, positive goals! :-) I do hope you achieve them in 2015. I've had a hectic 2014 with 2015 seeming to become more hectic, but if you're organised and dedicated (like it sounds like you will be) it really pays off. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I am beyond dedicated to cultivating an amazing future for myself no matter what I am surrounded with. If I'm at home my motivation is to get out, if I am at school my motivation is to be able to compete with my successful peers and to be an example to those who don't really have a desire to succeed. I did a few internship seminars this year and they were great, I want to do more so others can ask me questions!

      Delete
  5. I am terrible at writing reviews right after I finish the book! That was one of my resolutions last year (which I failed to accomplish) that I am carrying over to this year. I've been doing better as of late but I still have room for improvement! I love reading discussion posts on other blogs so that's why we started writing our own too - it's not easy to always think of a good topic and they can take more time to write but they are totally worth it! And I keep an excel spreadsheet to track the books I read, the ARCs I receive (both egalley and ARC - sorted by release date), books I get at conferences sorted by pub date .. and I think that is it. This is the first year I did this spreadsheet but it has helped SO MUCH. If you are looking for a similar system I definitely recommend it! I followed Mel and Debby's leads in creating them. And I hope you can find a great new internship and stay in NYC and travel lots in the coming year. Being happy is something I need to work on too. I have so much to be grateful for and proud of but sometimes I get bogged down by the things I'm lacking or that i've failed to accomplish. I've seen people start writing things they are grateful for each day to remind them of all the good in their life. I am going to try this in 2015! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really good at this in the beginning of the year and I'm getting better now that I'm aware of my problem, but there are still a ton of books from the inbetween that need reviews asap.

      I love discussion posts <3 Why I need more!

      I did start an excel spreadsheet!!! Great minds think alike.

      Like you, I have so much to be happy about and grateful for but the few negative things in my life (that I feel are overwhelmingly negative) are taking center stage over my happiness and I have to work to stop that.

      Thank you, Nicole! <3 You as well, girl.

      Delete
  6. Great goals, and good luck! We have a few blogging goals in common - staying on top of reviews, more discussion posts, and commenting more. Your internships sound amazing!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some great goals! I love your one about moving to the city - I'm trying to work up the courage to move to one farther away when I graduate in May. I've always wanted to live in one of the bigger ones, but it'll put me so far from my family that I feel a bit guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC is still close to my family so no guilt there. I'm just significantly happier in NYC than I am in NJ and as someone who attends college in NYC for a majority of the year I consider it more of my home now.

      Delete
  8. Commenting on blogs should definitely be one for me too! I feel like my blogger news feed doesn't how everything though, so thats annoying

    ReplyDelete