~*~On The Blog~*~
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I went home this weekend to see my family and it was wonderful. This wasn't the busiest month for me because of that and the fact that I was sick at one point, but with a five week break starting in December I am very happy to read a ton over the holidays!
Books Reviewed:The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - 4.5 stars (Team Tynga's Transfer Review)
Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne - 4 stars
Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn - 4 stars
Lick by Kylie Scott - 3 stars
The Ice Dragon by George R. R. Martin- 3 stars
Books Read This Month:
A solid reading month if you ask me!
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
- Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne
- Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge
- Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
- Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn
- The Devil You Know by Trish Doller
- Half Lies by Sally Green
- The Ice Dragon by George R. R. Martin
- The Imaginary by A.F. Harrold
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
- I've seen A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder twice, so it's only fitting that I finally got that review up!
- This mystery box of Comic Con ARCs giveaway has one day left to it and it is a follower appreciation giveaway, so check it out!
- I am giving away 3 copies of THE ICE DRAGON by George R. R. Martin here! Thanks Tor for being so awesome!
- I participated in the EXQUISITE CAPTIVE blogger caravan giveaway and picked my winner.
- I threw up my Epic Recs November post. Looks like Bekka and I will continue to go strong!
- I wished my Mom a happy birthday yesterday since she stalks my blog via e-mail.
Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
- None this month, but a lot next month!
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I didn't see any this month, but I bought tickets to see a show the first week of December. Does that count?
- Breaking Bad is still rocking my socks off. I am in the middle of season four at this point. The ending of season three was insane and I flipped out several times while watching the first episode of season four. This show just doesn't know how to slow down!
- Once Upon A Time Season 4 is much better than it was in the very beginning of the season. That mid-season finale though! If anything happens to Hook I am going to flip out. It was proven that ratings went up significantly when he was introduced to the cast and just ah, Hook <3 Also curious since they cast Cruella DeVille recently, so I want to know where she's taken.
- Survivor is still beyond interesting. Gotta say there's so few people left that I actually like, though. The last episode was so intense!
- The American Music Awards were interesting! Some performances rocked, some didn't. Some awards were given to the people who deserved to win and some weren't. Same old, same old.
- Giants Football... we suck. A lot. I just can't.However, it was really nice to be home one Sunday this month to watch a game with my Dad. This was a tradition of ours prior to me leaving for college and I'm happy it's still going strong.
- I watched Fight Club for my film noir class. Believe it or not, I have never watched this movie through until the end though I've seen the first 80%. I was flipping out in the library, guys. Seriously.
- That same week I had to watch Memento for class to write a comparative essay. This movie is messed up and I actually noticed a few continuity problems, but overall great if you're looking for a dark movie that'll mess with your brain.
- I saw Big Hero 6 with my best friend Carolyn. I saw it at Comic Con first and it was cool to see how they barely changed the sounds between the Comic Con viewing and the final finished reel. GO SEE THIS MOVIE AND YOU WILL LOVE ME FOREVER BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT.
- I got to see Mockingjay Part 1 two days before it came out as an advanced screening with my college and I loved it. I knew it was going to end there and gah, terrible. I can't wait for part two. Also, I'll never get a ten dollar movie ticket in New York City again, so I'm reveling in that miniature miracle.
- For the first time ever I watched 12 Angry Men for a different class than my movie class. Can you believe it? We actually watched it in my introduction to communications course to study the different forms of communicators and it was surprisingly entertaining and enlightening. I swear my Dad is going to disown me from not seeing half these movies prior to taking this semester.
- The Emperor's New Groove was a spur of the moment thing between my friend Carolyn and I because we were bored and Netflix is always there for us. I remember why I loved this movie so much when I was younger <3 Kronk is the best.
- I watched The Man Who Wasn't There for my film class and this is among the worst movies I have ever seen. Billy Bob Thornton doesn't emote, at all, ever. I can't even take him seriously when he says "Heavens to Betsy" because there's no emotion behind it. Just no, don't waste your time with this movie.
- However, I watched The Postman Always Rings Twice for the same assignment in that class and I enjoyed it. I watched the original, not the remake, the clarify. Lana Turner is freaking gorgeous, guys.
- The DUFF Trailer is out and it sort of looks like John Tucker Must Die to me in the sense that I'll happily watch it, but maybe not in theaters. Although, let's be honest, I'll see it in theaters because I want to support the author since I adored the book, even though they obviously changed aspects of the book in this movie. *sigh*
- Celebrity's Read Mean Tweets #8 is perfect. It's been six months since the last one and I think this one is my favorite yet!
- The Pitch Perfect 2 Trailer is out as well and I am so freaking excited I can't even put my thoughts into words!
- Beyonce's 7/11 homemade music video is kind of cute with the homemade vibes, but this is not her best single despite its catchiness.
- Imagine Dragons's new song has been stuck in my head for over three weeks.
- One Direction and Jimmy Kimmel take the #cutestselfieever. I don't even like 1D and I still think this was beyond hilarious.
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3