Epic Recs: January

Epic Recs is hosted by Judith and Amber.
Pretty much, it's our own awesome book club where you team up with a bookish buddy and become Epic Rec partners. You epically recommend one title to them each month and they do the same for you in return and you sit back, relax, and read. My Epic Rec partner is the lovely Bekka from Great Imaginations, formerly of Pretty Deadly Reviews. We've known each other for a while and she's one of my best blogging friends, so I am excited for this new endeavor of ours to continue!

This month Bekka and I set out to emotionally eviscerate each other to the best of our abilities. We both succeeded in this quest. I gave her my all-time favorite book ever and anxiously waited for her tears to fall with The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. In return, she watched me gobble up (and die a little inside) from starting off the month by reading Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. So, despite all of the tears, I would say December was a resounding success.

For January, we decided to go a little light-hearted and have fun with it.

~*~Lili Recs~*~
Croak by Gina Damico is my go-to book for hilarity. It helps that the concept of it is totally unique, too. I hope Bekka finds it even half as funny as I did.

~*~Bekka Recs~*~
Bekka recs The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart and claims it's hilarious. I am slightly cautious because I was not the biggest fan of the hype machine surrounding WE WERE LIARS. However, that being my only E. Lockhart book that I have read to date, I'm definitely curious to give this one a chance.

Have you read either of last months recs or either of this months recs? What did you think of them? Comment below with your thoughts! <3

2 comments:

  1. e lockhart is great! I think my favorite of hers is The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks. Hope you enjoy!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes and my fingers are crossed! Thank you, Jen!

      Delete