January Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
This month I headed back to school and I'm adjusting to what it's like again. I didn't get a lot of reading done because of this, but I am hoping this will change in February now that I am (hopefully) more adjusted to what it's like being in NYC with my new crazy schedule.

Books Reviewed:
All Fall Down by Ally Carter - 4 stars
Until Midnight by Melissa Landers - 4 stars
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - 4 stars
Soulprint by Megan Miranda - 3.5 stars
The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons - 3.5 stars
The Maze Runner by James Dashner - 2 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
  1. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (ARC: 311 pages)
  2. The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons (ARC: 332 pages)
  3. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (ARC: 400 pages) 
  4. Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Hardcover: 256 pages)
  5. The Last Good Day of the Year by Jessica Warman (ARC: 278 pages) 
DNF's of the month 
  1. The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart (85 pages in)
Total Pages Read This Month:1,662 pages
Total Books Read This Year: 5
Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1
The Broadway Review:
  • I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it! 
  • I have a Broadway review going up next month!
Giveaways:
  • None this month aside from a Twitter giveaway, but I have at least 2 planned for February so stay tuned ;)
Discussion Posts:
  • What got you reading? For some, it is a loaded question. This is a very personal post, but I would love to know your story.
  • Introducing The Intern Diaries! This is a post series about my experiences interning to give curious people a peek on the other side and people who want to one day be in my shoes more knowledge. I hope you guys like it! The first post is on social media!
  • I did my first Waiting on Wednesday in 4 months for this hilarious-looking Wizard of Oz retelling! 
  • My 2014 end of the year book survey was posted in the beginning of the month. This thing is so time consuming!
  • Epic Recs for January was not that successful. Bekka gave my book 3 stars and I DNFed my first book of 2015 with her rec. February is looking bright, though!
Guest Posts and Bonus Content: 
  • My Tuck Everlasting 40th anniversary blog tour post went up. What would you do if you could live forever?
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

Broadway Shows:
  • I saw Cabaret for my birthday. Thank you, Tanta, for taking me. Emma Stone and Alan Cumming absolutely rocked my socks off.
TV:
  • Breaking Bad is over for me and I am in love with that ending. This was such a great long-term binge and I highly recommend it.
  • The Bachelor is airing again and I love me some crappy reality television. However, most of the girls suck this season, ESPECIALLY ASHLEY I WHO IS REPPING A TOWN ABOUT 40 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOMETOWN. I am cringing! Anyway, I really like Whitney and Jade, so fingers crossed for them. Chris is great, though, even if he's blinded by the women right now. AND I AM SO HAPPY JILLIAN IS FINALLY GONE. WHEW.
  • I saw the premier of Agent Carter, but I've unfortunately missed all later episodes. I'm going to binge it upon its completion.
  • The Challenge has broken my heart with how they are handling the Diem situation, but this season is turning out to be a decent one so far. CT & DIEM FOREVER! <3
  • I have officially started my Friends re-watch. I am only about 4 or 5 episodes in, but I am so ready for this!
Movies: 
  • I've watched Guardians of the Galaxy a few times. Okay...more then a few times.
Youtube:
  • People's Choice did the ultimate Throwback Thursday with the 6 music videos for 90 songs that everyone knows and forgot about and I die every time I listen to them.
  • The third trailer for THE DUFF has been released and I just love it so much!
~*~Reading Challenges~*~

Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
  • None so far! D:
Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
  • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
  • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
  • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Contemporary Reading Challenge:
  1. Does The Last Good Day of the Year count?
TBR Pile Challenge:
  • I suck. Ignore me. This is why I typically don't do challenges.
    Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

    10 comments:

    1. Sooooo sad about Epic Recs. I really hope February is better.

      I'm surprised you didn't count Fairest as a retelling. It's kiiiiiiiiind of a retelling and anyway I'm a big fat cheater oh well.

      I finished my Friends rewatch last week and ugh I don't remember that finale being so emotional. Since when do I like Ross? (Spoiler: only in that episode.) My parents watched Friends when I was younger and since then I've picked up almost all the episodes through reruns. But watching in succession as an adult definitely opened my eyes to that show in a different light.

      Anywayyyyy good luck in your new dorm! NYC schedule might be busier and crazier but I know you're happy to be back. <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hey, we can't be perfect. I'm just happy that you were at least satisfied with mine!!!

        Haha it's not a direct retelling in my eyes! Levana's story is not that of a retelling, but Cinder's universe is. So yeah. Idk. I'm picky with my retellings, girl.

        I watched all the FRIENDS episodes through re-runs when I was sick and bored at home since I used to like to have the tv on when I did homework. And now watching them in succession is totally weird to me. I also understand a lot of things that went wayyyyy over my head. haha

        I AM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK, BEKKA! <3 SO HAPPY!

        Delete
    2. I can't wait to read The sin eater's daughter!! *-*
      And Fairest :P

      Ps. I have a blog as well, if you want to stop by I'd appreciate it so much! It's both in Italian and in English :3 -> http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. You are totally pawning me at the Flights of Fantasy challenge! I only read ONE in January. Can you believe that? But yay for good reads + I hope the adjustment period of being back at school + work will go smoothly :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!!! <3

        Fantasy is my preferred genre, so I feel like I almost under-bet myself with reading a mere 25 books a year. But, hey, you will catch up and own us all because it is your challenge ;)

        Delete
    4. Don't worry about not starting challenge you still have plenty of time.

      ReplyDelete
    5. lol, Guardians of the Galaxy is hilarious :) I'm so excited to see The Duff, too! I've heard great things about it and the book is awesome.

      I'm hoping to get to The Sin Eater's Daughter sometime this month. The Last Good Day of the Year would definitely count towards the contemporary challenge, too :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. THE DUFF WAS SO GOOD! <3

        Ahhhh! I have one done for the contemporary challenge then!

        Delete