Waiting on Wednesday #51

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

I rarely ever do these posts unless there's a book I'm really looking forward to that I haven't seen around the blogosphere, and I think it's time to bring some attention to this week's pick...

Spelled by Betsy Schow

Fairy Tale Survival Rule #32: If you find yourself at the mercy of a wicked witch, sing a romantic ballad and wait for your Prince Charming to save the day.

Yeah, no thanks. Dorthea is completely princed out. Sure being the crown princess of Emerald has its perks—like Glenda Original ball gowns and Hans Christian Louboutin heels. But a forced marriage to the brooding prince Kato is so not what Dorthea had in mind for her enchanted future.

Talk about unhappily ever after.

Trying to fix her prince problem by wishing on a (cursed) star royally backfires, leaving the kingdom in chaos and her parents stuck in some place called "Kansas." Now it's up to Dorthea and her pixed off prince to find the mysterious Wizard of Oz and undo the curse...before it releases the wickedest witch of all and spells The End for the world of Story.
~*~Why I Am Waiting~*~
I am a fairytale retelling nut and I haven't found a Wizard of Oz retelling that I have absolutely loved. I'm hoping this can be the one! This story looks like it's going to be sarcastic and funny and that's right up my alley. 

~*~*~*~

Has anyone else heard of this book? What are your thoughts? Do you know of any good Wizard of Oz retellings?

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel like it's flying below many people's radars!

      Delete
  2. I love retellings, too, and this one sounds amazing! I haven't read that many Oz retellings, and the couple I have read I wasn't terribly happy with. I haven't heard of Spelled before, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it! It sounds like it could be really amazing, and I hope we both love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not around the blogosphere a lot, so I wanted to draw some attention to it!

      Delete
  3. WOAH WOAH WOAH!

    I've never in my life read an Oz retelling! And this sounds so interesting O_O Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all, Ashley! I think it looks funny, which is always a plus!

      Delete
  4. I added this one to my wishlist recently! It sounds fantastic and I love that cover! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the head's up! Loved the cover, so I had to add this one to my wish list.
    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete