Epic Recs: February

Epic Recs is hosted by Judith and Amber.
 
Pretty much, it's our own awesome book club where you team up with a bookish buddy and become Epic Rec partners. You epically recommend one title to them each month and they do the same for you in return and you sit back, relax, and read. My Epic Rec partner is the lovely Bekka from Great Imaginations, formerly of Pretty Deadly Reviews. We've known each other for a while and she's one of my best blogging friends, so I am excited for this new endeavor of ours to continue!

Last month, Bekka and I set out to have fun...and we failed. Epically. I didn't even finish Bekka's recommendation for me and she only liked mine at three stars, but didn't love it. So we are trying to be safe this month with some of our favorite contemporaries. My fingers are crossed!

~*~Lili Recs~*~
When I found out Bekka has never read Open Road Summer by Emery Lord, I flipped out a little. This is such a phenomenal debut! And her sophomore novel is even better (somehow!). I genuinely think she will like this complex tale of friendship, love, and discovering oneself. Plus, I get to rep the internship, which is always nice. ;)

~*~Bekka Recs~*~
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley is a novel that has never been on my radar before. However, Bekka has never led me wrong with Australian authors and this looks like a nice, quick read, so I am definitely curious!

Have you read either of last months recs or either of this months recs? What did you think of them? Comment below with your thoughts! <3

5 comments:

  1. I loved both Open Road Summer and Graffiti Moon, so you two will have an awesome Epic Recs month ;) Happy reading, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with both of these! I've heard pretty good things about both of them but I haven't read either of them. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely curious about mine because I haven't heard of it prior to Bekka's rec. I feel like I failed as a book nerd or something!

      Delete
  3. I have read both of these books, and they are BOTH incredibly special books. They are very different, but both of them have stuck with me for a long time. Love them!

    ReplyDelete