Top Ten Books I Want to Read from the Fantasy Genre

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I chose to do the fantasy genre because this is my favorite genre. By no means am I an expert, but I do read a lot of high fantasy, fantasy retellings, urban fantasy, regular fantasy, etc. However, the books below have escaped me so far...

~*~The Series Enders that Make my Heart Ache~*~
  

1. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore- This is one of my favorite world's ever and I am not ready to say goodbye since Cashore still has yet to release anything since!

2. The Unbound by Victoria Schwab- Please don't hate me, but I am holding out for book three even though I'll probably cave before then.

3. Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout- I will be finishing this one soon, I promise!


~*~The Series That I Know I'll Love but Haven't Gotten to Yet~*~


4. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta- I asked for the last 2 books for my birthday!

5. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor- Alice in Wonderland...hello!!!


6. Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson- I'm just ashamed. Please, don't say anything.

7. The Lynburn Legacy Trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan- I already know Alexa will remedy this when my birthday comes around!

8. Splintered trilogy by A.G. Howard- I am all over this re-telling, but I am hesitant because I heard she took the easy way out with who she ended up with which really angers me like The Infernal Devices series.


9. The Heroes of Olympus Trilogy by Rick Riordan- I AM BINGING THEM THIS SEMESTER, I PROMISE!

10. Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima- I have only read book one and I have been kicking myself for not finishing this series since.

I had a lot of fun making this week's TTT list! Don't forget to share some of your fantasy recs and to link your TTT posts below! <3

22 comments:

  1. LILIKINS LILIKINS LILIKINS

    READ THE UNBOUDN AND THE LUMATERE BOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOON I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DISOWN YOU

    ALSO MISTBORN BUT THAT IS LESS IMPORTANT THEN THOSE TWO

    BAH SPLINTERED

    I REALLY WANT TO READ THE LYNBURN BOOKS TOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM GOING TO READ THEM SOON, I PROMISE! NO DISOWNING NECESSARY.

      NIKKI WILL KILL ME FOR MISTBORN.

      YEAH I WANT TO READ SPLINTERED AS A STAND ALONE AND IGNORE THE OTHER BOOKS.

      ME TOOOOO!!!!

      all caps necessary ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these either. I really need to fix some of this!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me feel so much better in the fact that I am not alone!!!! lol

      Delete
  3. I think that the ending of Splintered worked for the set up that happened along the way. Did it end up how I would have liked, nope, but I do think that the end was clever, even if I didn't love it. You should totally read them though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I read any of them I would only read book one since it was initially intended to be a stand alone.

      Delete
  4. I've only read 2 books from this list. I guess I need to catch up on the Fantasy genre too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! A genre that nobody can ever have enough of!

      Delete
  5. The Lumatere Chronicles + The Heroes of Olympus + The Lynburn Legacy = 3 series I would recommend WITHOUT A DOUBT. So you better get to reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh if only I didn't love sleep so much ;)

      Delete
  6. YES! I loved the Unspoken series :) I think you will really enjoy it the main character is witty and awesome!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH YAY! I love your recommendations <3

      Delete
  7. Splintered is amazing! I haven't read the last book yet, but I will soon. I hope I'm not disappointed.

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I read it I think I'll just be reading book one. :(

      Delete
  8. I actually have more than half of these. Have I read any of them? Nooo. That is going to be my February goal, to take time to read.
    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4 from the list are on mine too, I'd say we agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we both need to kick our butts into fantasy reading mode!

      Delete
  10. Lovely picks!! I am such a lover of fantasy!! Lumatere or Seven Realms are MUSTS for sure!! I hope you enjoy these fantastic books (and I really hope you get the last 2 Lumatere books, Its soooooo good)
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually really liked Splintered (are the other two not supposed to be good???). Totally with you that Kristin Cashore needs to release another book! I don't care if it's another Graceling Realm (although that would be wonderful); I just need more Cashore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved The Lynburn Legacy series and would recommend it being on anybody's TBR list!! :)

    ReplyDelete