Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
So, I kind of changed this topic a little, but I am talking about some of my favorite romances because of how they happen, so that still constitutes as this week's TTT post! Worth noting: I put this together after on;y having four hours of sleep, so let's hope it makes sense ;)
1. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - Friendship that blossomed into cute romance based off of a tun of nerdy references and nerd bonding...i.e. my life.
~*~The Slow Burn Build-Up and a Gentleman Love Interest~*~
2. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot - It took six books to properly solve the romance with the most gentlemanly ghost a girl could ever come across.
~*~The Underlying Tension That You Ship Hard Though It's Not A Main Focus~*~
3. A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab - There wasn't much romance in this, but you can sense an underlying tension from both of the characters that I think will be explored in book two.
~*~The Imma Do Me, No Slut Shaming Romance~*~
4. Faking It by Cora Carmack - The romance in this was not at all pushy or anything like that. It grew, and it wasn't forceful when it came to sex, and it was funny and awkward and perfect.
~*~The Relationship Born Out Of Respect for One Another~*~
5. Scarlet trilogy by A.C. Gaughen - My favorite thing about the romance between Scarlet and Rob is that it is one born out of respect for each other and because of that they really do treat each other right.
~*~Enemies Turned Best Friends Turned Best Relationship Ever~*~
6. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - The romance in this not only was non-existent for a while, but it was absolutely hilarious to watch blossom. It was born out of a warrior's camaraderie and begrudging respect for one another as opposed to desperation or intense lust. Just ah, I love Niklaas and Ror!
~*~The Complexity is Perfection Couple~*~
7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - The only thing worth noting about this romance before my mind gets scrambled thinking about Jonah is the fact that this romance is super complex and easy to root for because of that. Definitely a lot of depth and background to the happy couple, which is something I love as a reader.
~*~The Quirks Galore Couple~*~
8. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - There are technically two romances in this book since both twins have a romance, but I want to focus on the female character's because it is full of quirk. She is weird, he is weird, they accept their weirdness and make fun of each other for it and live happily ever after. I love it!
~*~The "This is not a boy, he is a MAN!" Relationship~*~
9. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers - Beast and Sybella are absolutely perfect for each other. This romance is dark...really, really dark and they somehow came through it all because of each other. They are both so wonderfully complex and just, agh. This romance.
~*~The One That is Kind of Fated~*~
9.5 Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers - This counts as a half because LaFevers deserves all of the love. I don't want to ruin the romance in this for anyone but it is long-lasting and powerful and it also was years in the making. It was super intense, really. And, my heart! I just love it so much!
~*~Geeks and Girls Who Go Go Corset-less LIKE A BAWSSSS~*~
10. Something Strange and Deadly series by Susan Dennard - Susan gave us a strong, independent female and a geeky yet respectful scientist and threw them together to create one of my most favorite couples all time from the sarcasm and the bickering and the eventual love and respect and admiration and friendship. Just ah...I ship this ship like nobody's business.
~*~Hilarious Bad Boys~*~
Honorable Mention: Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne - This book has flown way too under the radar for me. The relationship in this one is not only downright hilarious, but it shows that you can find love in the weirdest of places and also that seriousness and respect can be found in the most unlikely of people.
~*~Twisted Fairytale Retellings~*~
Honorable Mention 2: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - The love interest in this one is twisted in the best possible way. No other way to describe it.
So yeah...these are the things I love in romance. I am so sorry if nobody understands this because I am exhausted, but, hey, I cracked myself up making it! Please share your favorite romances and thoughts below! <3 Don't forget to link to your own TTT posts!