April Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
April has flown by! Does anyone else feel that way?! I got a lot of stuff done this month in regards to the real-world, but not a lot of bloggy related stuff. The blog is active, there just wasn't many reviews, but I kind of like a review-free month. It allowed me to discover new ways to produce bookish content for the future when reviews escape me again. Things are beginning to gear up for finals, so my life is crazy hectic and the internship hunt is still on, but I am remaining positive because, overall, this year has been amazing to me, even with a few minor bumps in the road.

Books Reviewed:
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - 5 stars
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - 4.5 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.

11. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George (ARC: 358 pages)
12. Walk on Earth A Stranger by Rae Carson (ARC: 432 pages)
13. A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano (ARC: 240 pages)
14. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta (Paperback: 243 pages)
15. 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger (ARC: 244 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None!
    Total Pages Read This Month: 1,517 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 4,757 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 15
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1
    The Broadway Review:
    • I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it! 
    • I have a Broadway review going up next month if my plans work out! Two, actually!
    Giveaways:
    • I had one for the THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE paperback release blog tour, and all winners have been notified!
    Discussion Posts:
    • After a year, I revisited my famous confession To Finish Or Not To Finish...That is the Question! post. This was my initial confession about my inability to finish series because I don't want to say goodbye. In this follow-up post, I explored every series I have finished in the last year and I'm really proud of myself for working past this! I've now nearly tripled the amount of series I have finished in my entire life, more than 2/3 of which have been read since I started blogging.
    • Bekka and I decided to pick up Epic Recs again after taking a brief hiatus for personal reasons. This month was a HUGE success for both of us! 
    • Half way into the month of April, I still had no reviews up, so I decided to ask if anyone else ever finds themselves at a loss for words. Sometimes you're reading so many good books you just can't find it in yourself to word.
    • I also realized that my iTunes library is seriously lacking, so I decided to make it a Musical Monday and ask for some music recommendations while I shared some of the songs I currently have on repeat because why not? I like music, you like music, let's geek out over music together!
    • I took a moment to talk about my vegetarianism and invited everyone to discuss their views on it with me after getting personally attacked in a class. Urgh, college.
    Guest Posts and Bonus Content: 
    • Leila Sales, author of the amazing novel THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE, stopped by the blog to celebrate her paperback release with an author interview and hosting a giveaway! She's so nice, guys!
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I was really fortunate to see 4 shows this month. I saw GIGI on Broadway featuring Vanessa Hudgens in the title role and the amazing Cory Cott as her love interest to celebrate Easter, and then I actually saw SOMETHING ROTTEN! twice because I loved it so much I just had to see it again. Tonight, as you read this post, I'll be heading out to see FINDING NEVERLAND with my school and to celebrate my friend's birthday! I have heard that this show is beautiful, so I can't wait to actually see it.
    • Reviews for at least two of these shows will be coming in May.
    TV:
    • I haven't watched much TV this month and I am sad to admit that I am currently 2 episodes behind on Once Upon A Time, but at least I am current on Survivor.
    Movies: 
    • I watched Get Over It with my friend when we needed a movie night in. This early 2000s movie is so bad that it is absolutely perfect. Plus it features a very young teenage Mila Kunis!
    • I plan on seeing a certain superhero movie tomorrow, and I am so stoked!!!!
    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    3/10 completed
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    10/25 completed
    • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
    • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
    • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan 
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine 
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
    • Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
    • A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    3/11 completed
    • The Last Good Day of the Year by Jennifer Warman
    • Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
    TBR Pile Challenge:
    2/5 completed
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
    Dive Into Diversity Challenge:
    2/6 completed
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
    • 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
    Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

    4 comments:

    1. This summer Lili will get back to being a reading badass!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am excited for the superhero movie (if I am thinking of the right one :) ) Nicole loves Marchetta, I have yet to read one of her books, I do intend to change that... eventually hah. Good luck on the internship hunt!

      Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Is there any other superhero movie though? ;)

        Thank you for the well wishes! I hope it works out soon.

        Nicole loves Marchetta for great reasons! You should definitely check out her works soon!

        Delete