Do you ever find yourself at a loss for words?


I've been doing a lot of reading lately, which is awesome because I was in a bit of a reading rut in March, and I'm also super fortunate in the sense that I have enjoyed if not loved every book I have picked up recently. With this in mind, you would think I would be churning out a ton of reviews, right?

Welp, that's wrong.

This month I have not put up a single review...yet. And it's not because I am in a reading rut because I am reading as much as a college student with 3 jobs and schoolwork can. And I am certainly not in a blogging rut because I am consistantly producing bookish related content for my blog that is not directly related to reviews, but is at least related to my bookish feels...aside from the time I had to take off to deal with the emergency that my flooded dorm room caused. That's at least understandable, though. I guess you can say I am experiencing a small reviewing rut then?

So why am I not reviewing? I am simply at a loss for words. I'm loving everything I am reading and I don't know how to word anymore. I just want to shove a book into your hands and scream GO! READ! THANK ME LATER! There's no other way to describe these books. I mean, there is, but I hate it when back-to-back reviews seem repetitive because the reason I loved the book so much was due to the kick-butt heroine or the crazy awesome plot.

I don't know, why exactly, my words have left me, but I want to throw up my white flag of surrender while I beg for them to come back.


Has this ever happened to you? How do you get yourself out of this so called reviewing rut? I hope I'm not the only one!

14 comments:

  1. First of all, as a fellow college student, I am seriously impressed/incredulous by the amount of reading you squeeze in for pleasure! If you have to have some sort of slump, it sounds like a reviewing slump is the way to go. I can't say I've ever had long periods of reading books too good to be reviewed, but when I do read such a book I often find that I have to be really untraditional and out-of-the-box with my reviews -- like, they aren't always reviews but sometimes love letters or more like a book-centric post elaborating on a certain aspect I loved. Mainly because I just can't be critical or rational with these kind of books. ;)
    -- Lina @ Every Book a World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lina! It's all about being able to manage time and stress well, a skill learned from a crazy high school career haha

      Delete
  2. You are not alone! I know this for a fact, because I'm kind of in a reviewing slump too. I'm reading without a problem, I'm loving the books, I just can't bring myself to write reviews recently. I don't know if it's because I'm stressed and busy, or what the problem is, but I just want to keep reading. I also feel like I'm repeating myself when I write reviews, maybe I should try something new, but what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of switching up my reviewing style entirely!

      Delete
  3. I TOTALLY feel you on this one!! I am a constantly looking for news ways to say the same thing. Nine out of ten times if I love a book it's because of awesome chsracters since I am a very character driven person. There are only so many ways to skin an apple so to speak. I'm trying really hard the more reviews I write to switch it up and it's all rather frustrating. I wish I had a resolution for you but sadly I'm at a loss as well.
    Ps you go girl with that schedule!!
    ❤️Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super character driven, too! I just want to write paragraphs upon paragraphs in everyone review about why these ten characters rocked my socks off.

      Haha thank you, Britt! The schedule is kinda nuts, no?

      Delete
  4. I definitely know what you mean. Sometimes I get into a situation where I can't write a review because I feel like there's nothing to say that I haven't said before. I feel like I'm just regurgitating the same stuff over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't word right now haha I am so focused on the summer internship hunt I am like willing the force to become a thing that brings me internships

      Delete
  5. I think eveyone knows this. The one reason I haven't reviewed my favorite book is that I can't seem to serve it justice by mere words. Something else is needed, and I can't figure out how to express my complete love for it!
    Every blogger in the world has sometimes just been staring at the screen, going: ".....................!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last line of this comment was just so perfect it's not even funny haha

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I'll be honest - this doesn't actually happen to me as often as I think it will. I think it's because I generally read a lot, then write a whole bunch of reviews at once, then go back to reading a lot? So I only really work on reviews every so often, and don't have to do them on a regular basis, which probably makes it all feel "fresh" to me. But I totally understand finding it difficult to be unique about expressing your feels for books! That happens to me a lot, particularly with books I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do that! For me, if I don't write my review shortly after reading the book, all the things I wanted to say tend to leave me. I am a very forgetful person at times, which is actually part of the reason I started this blog. haha

      Delete
  7. I think after blogging for a while it is inevitable to feel this way at some point if not many some points. I was struggling a lot at the end of 2014 and then got it back and recently my reviews have been stacking up again because the words haven't been flowing as easily. And it is tough because I often love books for the same reasons so how do you write that without sounding the same? I hope it passes soon. I've seen some people just write mini reviews for their back log of books and start fresh. You could try that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may try that!

      Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, Nicole! It's nice to feel like you're not alone.

      Delete