February & March Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
So these past two months have been tough for me. I had my 20th birthday, and within two hours of it ending I realized I desperately needed to move out of my dorm room. I was being mistreated and bullied by a specific roommate and I had had enough. So I went through this two week process and finally moved out into a single room and it is absolutely marvelous, but the week I moved in I got really sick with a fever and then had midterms, and then spring break, and my life was just kind of out of control. But now things are under control again and I am back to posting more regularly than before, I promise! So here is a February & March monthly(s) recap!

This is a bit of a paltry display, so things will be much improved in April! I am, however, happy that I was able to follow through with my goal of more discussion posts! Wooo! Remain positive!

Books Reviewed:
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - 5 stars
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan - 4.5 stars
Fairest by Marissa Meyer - 4 stars
Play by Kylie Scott - 4 stars
Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman - 4 stars
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury  - 4 stars
Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen - 3 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.

6. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ARC: 366 pages)
7. Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen (ARC: 208 pages)
8. Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne (ARC: 357 pages)
9. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan (Hardcover: 370 pages)
10. Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine (ARC: 277 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None!
    Total Pages Read This Month:1,708 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3,240 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 10
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1
    The Broadway Review:
    • I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it! 
    • I have a Broadway review going up next month if my plans work out!
    Giveaways:
    • Several happened in February, but they are all long done at this point. I TURNED 20 THOUGH! THAT CAN ALWAYS BE WORTH CELEBRATING!!!!
    Discussion Posts:
    • I continued on with The Intern Diaries with an awesome post about the Perfect Request E-mail.
    • Bookish Emojis came back for round 2 in honor of Valentine's Day. Who doesn't love love emojis?
    • I also did a brief Q&A as the third Intern Diaries post!
    • My fourth Intern Diaries post was The Do's and Dont's of NetGalley which was actually featured on the NetGalley blog! So cool!
    • I took a moment to talk about the curse of being a mood reader because even though I was finally out of my hellish dorm room, my reading habits were suffering because I was still suffering in a few different ways.
    • The Intern Diaries round 5 dropped in with yet another Q&A!
    • I realized we all need to ban together and STOP THE GOODREADS CREEPERS! Dang, it feels good to rant!
    • My current obsession is The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and the entire world needs to know this!
    • Finally, I revamped the Intern Diaries and did a post about being thankful after feeling slightly attacked by negative people.
    Guest Posts and Bonus Content: 
    • I did a Rick Yancey author event recap and giveaway! This was one of my favorite events I have been to...ever!
    • I was also a stop on the Princess Academy blog tour! Wooo!
       
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I did not see any this month because of how harsh this winter was, but I have plans to see several next month!
    TV:
    • I did binge The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix and I absolutely loved it so much that I did a "my current obsession" post on it.
    • The Challenge: Battle of the Exes 2 ended last week and I am so happy with who the winners are this season! The girl deserved it and as a team they definitely worked well together. I don't understand why Sarah & Jordan are catching so much flack for making the decision they did, I am so happy Nia left, and I'm also super thrilled that Leroy got a second change with a new partner. And I mean... a lay-up is a lay-up. That's for sure.
    • Survivor: Worlds Apart is well under way and I am enjoying it a lot. I like a lot of people (Kelly, Carolyn, Tyler, Joe) and dislike a lot (Rodney, Shirin, Joaquin) to name a few, so this season is definitely entertaining and interesting.
    • Once Upon A Time is underway and I am loving this League of Villains thing, but at the same time I'm also wary for what is to come. Can we talk about Maleficent and Cruella's costuming though? ON POINT!
    Movies: 
    • I saw the live-action Cinderella movie with Dana and have to say I 100% adored it and Kit was so freaking attractive and perfect omg.
    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    2/10 completed
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    7/25 completed

    • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
    • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
    • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan 
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    2/11 completed
    • The Last Good Day of the Year by Jennifer Warman
    • Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne
    TBR Pile Challenge:
    1/5 completed
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
    Dive Into Diversity Challenge:
    1/6 completed
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine

    Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

    8 comments:

    1. I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU REALLY HAPPY AGAIN!!! OMG UNSPOKEN!!! I just bought book 2 and 3! EEEP Cinderella was so good.

      Also I feel like you have become a staple of my monthly recaps, that were inspired by you. Haha!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I AM HAPPY I AM HAPPY AGAIN TOO!

        And omg UNSPOKEN! YES! SO EXCITED! Cinderella was awesome!

        Bahahaha that's so great though!

        Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible month. :( April will be have to be better! And that's great that you didn't DNF at all this month! I do it too often for sure. :-/ Hope April rocks for you!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. You are TOTALLY kicking butt at your challenges! No doubt in my mind that you'll make your goals, and with time to spare ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha thank you, girl! <3 I've never properly stayed committed to challenges before, so I am hoping I manage it this time around.

        Delete
    4. LOVE Once hah, I am actually watching it at the moment as I catch up on blogging! Their costumes are great :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They're just so well done! Like ahhh, I love both of their costumes so much, though I much prefer Cruella's initial costume and her long white coat instead of her shorter one that she's been wearing now.

        Delete