Twelve of my Favorite Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

So, narrowing this list down purely to ten people is absurd. It's impossible, really, so I went with twelve people--though I really should have done more--and I picked 12 people that are on my must-buy list that I have discovered since I started blogging, with the exception of the first three that will forever be on my favorites.

1. J.K. Rowling- I feel like this a given and no explanation is necessary.

2. Rick Riordan- My copies of The Percy Jackson series are so worn it's ridiculous. I gobbled this series up as a young girl and forced it on everyone I know, even my sister...who destroyed some of my copies. But let's not talk about that right now.

3. Markus Zusak- Bringer of my ultimate favorite book ever, as last week's TTT post shows.

4. Victoria Schwab- I have read and loved every Schwab novel out there and I am sure I will continue to love everything she produces as well! Her dark atmospheres and amazing way of writing good vs evil struggles makes my mouth water.

5. Melina Marchetta- I would not have discovered her if not for blogging, but I am so thankful that I have!

6. Kristin Cashore- Her fantasy novels are unparalleled. She needs to write something new soon or I may spontaneously combust.

7. Robin LaFevers- Another author I would not have discovered if not for blogging, but all future works are an auto-buy for me.

8. Sarah J. Maas- Sarah J. Maas does crazy things to my heart, and I will always love her for it. The wait for QOS is killing me!

9. Susan Dennard- I feel like Susan and I are long lost friends or something. Every time I read one of her books I almost feel like they were written with my interests as a reader in mind. Her love interests, her plots, her destinations...I just love everything about her writing and will buy anything she writes.

10. Sarah Fine- A dear author friend and an even more amazing storyteller, her dark worlds and habit of exploring dark topics makes me want to read EVERYTHING she produces.

11. A.C. Gaughen- Annie just has the knack for writing kickass main characters that I never want to let go. I can't wait to see what her next piece of work will be! Auto-buy for sure!

12. Marissa Meyer- FAIRYTALE RETELLINGS IN FUTURISTIC SPACE!!! Everything I could possibly want and more!


There are a ridiculous amount of people I am leaving off, so I want to give special shout-outs to JENNY HAN, EMERY LORD, and JANDY NELSON! If this was fifteen authors, you would be the last three! <3

This TTT list was so hard to make, but I can't wait to see what is on everyone else's to perhaps discover some new authors!

6 comments:

  1. So many authors on here that I haven't read o_O I feel like this summer I must tackle them all (some pool side reading) I have read a few of some of these authors but beed to read the rest! Jk, Riordan, and SJM were on mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike ;)

      Yes, you must do some reading this summer! I know I helped you get the full series for at least two of these authors!

      Delete
  2. We have a few in common - J.K. Rowling and Marissa Meyer. I would have added Jenny Han to mine, but I feel like I haven't really read enough of her to make that decision (because I don't really count Burn for Burn because she wrote it with Siobhan Vivian).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wrote half of that book, though, so you would know whether you like her writing style or not!

      But ahh! JK ROWLING and MARISSA MEYER! <3

      Delete
  3. JK Rowling for sure! Love Marissa Meyer too! I need to read AC Gaughen and Schwab. I CANNOT wait for Susan Dennard's new book :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to pick them up! You are soooo missing out!

      Delete