Sign ups for the first Summer of Series Challenge are now open! Scroll down to add your name/blog post to the linky, but read on for further information.
Last summer, I challenged myself to a Summer of Series, meaning I tried to read as many series as I could in the summer. There was a ton of buzz around it, and a lot of people expressed interest in it, so I contacted Danielle from Love at First Page who was doing her own year-long series challenge, and together we concocted this wonderful challenge by combining our efforts for you so that we could all join in on the summer fun!
So what will Summer of Series entail? Simple... read as many books as you can that belong to a series! Specifically, we are challenging you to read one series, front to back, each month for June, July, and August. Knock some lovelies off your TBR with it! We are counting a series as a trilogy or group of companion novels with at least three books in it. We ask that you do not include re-reads for this portion of the event, unless it's the first book of the serious only.
In addition, throughout the summer we will have some of our favorite authors stopping by on our blogs (typically on Thursdays and Saturdays) to answer fun questions about their series. (Bonus: there will be many giveaways in your future if you are part of the event!) Just to get you excited, these authors include Victoria Schwab, Susan Dennard, Miranda Kenneally, Sherry Thomas, A.C. Gaughen, and more! We are thrilled to have so many authors on board, and our hope is that this will spread the love of their series.
Be sure to follow myself (@LiliReflects) and Danielle (@loveatfirstpage) on Twitter as well as our blogs to stay up to date on the challenge!
So what's the first step? To participate, put together a post announcing your intentions to join the challenge (be sure to link to my and Danielle's blogs!, and feel free to use the banner) and where you can also update your progress each month. Next, link that post to the sign ups below! You are more than welcome to share which series you plan on reading, or you can write down ideas or ask for suggestions if you are unsure. Some of our own recommendations include:
Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson
Anna and the French Kiss companion series by Stephanie Perkins
His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers
The Mediators series by Meg Cabot
Scarlet trilogy by A.C. Gaughen
The Lynburn Legacy trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan
The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi
Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
Penryn and the End of Days trilogy by Susan Ee
- Encourage readers to start more series and to introduce them to new ones.
- Knock some books off the ever-present TBR.
- Have fun!
- Summer of Series will run for the months of June, July, and August, and we'll wrap everything up on September 15th. Please look for posts at the beginning of each month, as that will house the series giveaway link ups. June will again include the original sign up linky, whereas July will include a new linky for you to share a review of the series you read in June (the same goes for the beginning of August--for the series read in July--and the beginning of September for the series read in August). We will choose one winner each month.
- To be eligible for each monthly prize, you must add your name to the sign ups below (please link directly to your post, not your blog!) as well as the link to your full series review. There are no specific requirements for the reviews; just be sure to share your thoughts somewhere: your blog, Goodreads, etc. In other words, you have to complete the challenge each month by reading a full series.
- Remember, you do not have to link up to the challenge to enter these giveaways, but you have a greater chance to win if you do so! Simply posting about Summer of Series on your blog and adding that to the Linky qualifies you for these extra entries, as does actually signing up for the event. Completing the monthly challenge is required only to qualify for our end of the month round-up giveaways for a book of your choosing.
- The giveaway is one book per winner (three total) and is open internationally as long as The Book Depository ships to you. Winner receives a book of their choice, as long as it belongs to a series.
- You will get one entry for the series that you read and reviewed for the challenge, but you can also link up to reviews posted the previous month for books belonging to a series (each book review gets you one more entry!). You will be eligible to link up during the first 15 days of the month.
Example: July 1st Link Up
- I read the Under the Never Sky trilogy in June. I add the link to my review or acknowledgement of its completion to July's link. That's one entry.
- I also posted a review of All Lined Up by Cora Carmack in June. I ad the link of that review to the linky. That's one entry since it works towards another series.
- I also posted an ARC review of Lion heart by A.C. Gaughen in June. I add the link of that review to the linky. That's one more entry.
- I get three entries total. One for completing my monthly challenge and two for reading two more series-related books and posting about them somewhere either in a review or in my monthly recap.
- Just keep in mind that you cannot add reviews for series-related books only. To be eligible for the giveaway, you must have read and reviewed one complete series that month.
- Each author giveaway will have its own criteria specified in that post, but entries do not depend on completing a series each month like the overall giveaways do.
**Remember to link us to your post not your blog!
**The deadline to join is August 31st!
I am so excited to be opening this to the public for the first time ever! I hope all of you are half as excited as I am! Good luck!