Epic Recs (7): May

Epic Recs is hosted by Judith and Amber.
Pretty much, it's our own awesome book club where you team up with a bookish buddy and become Epic Rec partners. You epically recommend one title to them each month and they do the same for you in return and you sit back, relax, and read. My Epic Rec partner is the lovely Bekka from Pretty Deadly Reviews. We've known each other for a while and she's one of my best blogging friends, so I am excited for this new endeavor of ours to continue!

It is safe to say that last month was an absolute success. Both Bekka and I loved the books that we read. She had me read Saving Francesca and while I don't love it as much as I loved her previous Marchetta rec, Jellicoe Road, this book still blew me away. I had Bekka read Vicious by V.E. Schwab because it blows my mind to just think about it since I love it so much. To put it simply, Bekka loved it as well. I'm so happy I am back on my recommending game!

I'm hoping this month will be just as awesome!

~*~Lili Recs~*~
I am a HUGE Emery Lord fan, and I previously had Bekka read her debut, but it did not go that well. So, I am trying again with her sophomore novel, The Start of Me and You, which I love even more than Open Road Summer. I'm hoping this recommendation will be a success because this book means a lot to me.

~*~Bekka Recs~*~
Bekka is really proud of herself because she found a fantasy book that she has read that I have not read in The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace. Little did she know that I've planned on reading this book since it came out and she's just pushing that desire on me even faster. I am expecting this novel to blow my mind!

Have you read any of this month's recs? If so, what did you think of them? Share your thoughts below! 


4 comments:

  1. I started The Start of Me and You just a few minutes ago since it's *technically May* right now. I have high hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole just LOVED The Start of Me and You, she loved it, so I plan to pick up a copy this summer :) I cannot wait to read your review of The Storyspinner, I really enjoyed it!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you! You make me so excited!

      You'll love TSOMAY ;)

      Delete