Holy Moly! It's my 3 year blogoversary!

Confession: I suck when it comes to commitment.

Yup, you heard that right. I've tried blogging before, on Tumblr, but after a while I got bored of it. I tend to get bored of things in general. I mean, I've even taken a hiatus here and there from reading to keep my brain power going. One of the greatest long-term commitments of my life, aside from certain friendships that have been going strong for well over a decade (I am talking to you Cheryl!), is this blog. Right here. Lili's Reflections. I'm completely awestruck that it has turned 3 years old today.


I don't really know what to say aside from THANK YOU. A huge, huge thank you to the over 3,000 cumulative followers I have found throughout these past three years. Thank you for each and every one of the 256,000+ page views I have gotten, and for every single comment or tweet thrown my way. Thank you for sticking with me and reading my posts and sharing your thoughts in response to my thoughts. Thanks for being awesome, really, and for giving me a platform to voice my thoughts and for giving me a space where said thoughts are actually valued.

I do not think I deserve any of you, but I love the fact that you guys allow me to occupy a little bit of your time anyway.

Through the past three years, a lot of has happened. I experienced what it was like to be at my lowest low numerous times, and each and every one of those times you came and picked me back up, helped piece me together, and told me it would be okay somehow someway. And, each and every time it was, but the simple fact of knowing you have a support network, no matter how big or small is marvelous.

The truth is that I may not be able to ever meet a lot of you. Most of you, really, but that doesn't make you any less important to my life. A lot of you are my friends, and I'm not talking Internet friends, but people that I value in general, that I can tell anything to, that I just simply want to have in my life. You've seen me through the crumble of past friendships that I valued--through the development of severe trust issues and perhaps even a little bit of anxiety--but realized may have been time to end, as well as personal attacks on myself, the struggles of adjusting to college, and the triumphs of college and interning, too. You've seen me literally at my highest highs and my lowest lows and yet all of you stick with me.

And it shocks me every time I open up my blog and I see I have a new follower or a new comment, or someone new as retweeted a post I put a lot of time and effort into. It gives me warm fuzzies inside!


This blog started off as a place for me to voice my opinions and share my thoughts about books. It has expanded into so much more. It has expanded into a place where I can talk about really personal things like my family and college life, a place where I can talk about my general interests no matter how nerdy they may be, a place to talk about my internships, my worries and aspirations for my future, my sheer excitement to know that I am working towards a dream career slowly but surely. But, most importantly, this serves as a place to allow me to connect to you...the person reading this right now...who most likely lives somewhere very far away, but still takes the time to read what I have to say even though I'm just a really tall deathly pale girl from Jersey with a lot of opinions and crazy curly hair...and a tendency to cuss a little too often when she's passionate about something.

Know that this girl appreciates every single one of you greatly. I'm unsure where this blog will be going in the next year as I will be spending 5 months out of the country come January, but for now, let's take it one step of a time and continue this awesome journey together.

But, most importantly, know that this frizzy haired freak really loves you, even if she doesn't really know how to show you that. She's working on it, because each and every one of you is ten times cooler than she can ever hope to be.

21 comments:

  1. Big big big hugs and congratulations! I had no idea your blogoversary is up. I feel like it's been a lot longer than three years and also like, where did those three years go? I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog because you're now such a great friend and I'm so lucky to know you. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stumbled across my blog too <3

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and happy blogoversary! I don’t know how long I’ve followed your blog but it’s definitely been for a long time and I can’t believe it already been three years! Can’t wait to read more posts from you in the future <3
    btw love all the minion gifs... now I want to watch Despicable Me again. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the mood to watch Despicable Me while creating this post, so I figured the minions would quench my thirst ;) hahah

      Thank you for staying with me for so long <3

      Delete
  3. <3 you! Congrats on three years! I am loving the minions gifs BTW :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, love the minion gifs!! And Congrats on three amazing years!! I feel like I have been following you for the majority of it so it is crazy that we are such good friends now! Can't wait for all the amazing things to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't know what I would do without you in my life right now!!! <3

      Can't wait for the crazy things to come!

      Delete
  5. Happy blogoversary!! It's so fantastic that you've stuck with blogging this long. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Lili!! This is an awesome achievement!! It's been so great to have you to look upto In the community! You are so sweet and while I know you are super busy you always make time here and there to comment back or visit and that means a lot!! Can't wait to meet you at BEA. I also hope all the life changes you have coming up, while they might be scary, work out wonderfully for you. Remeber when one door closes another always opens, you just have to find it.
    ❤️Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Britt!!!

      This comment was definitely needed right now! <3

      Delete
  7. Happy blogoversary, Lili! My 3 year is coming up next month and I swear it doesn't seem like it's been that long.

    P.S. Those Minions gifs are THE BEST <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy close blogoversary buddy! It seriously does not feel like 3 years, I totally get you.

      Anything involving minions are the best!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on three years, Lili! Your reviews are always great, and I loved The Intern Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the Intern Diaries are still around girl ;)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on three years of blogging, Lili! I honestly feel you on the commitment thing; before the blog, I found it hard to commit to something. And now it's been YEARS since I started as well -- and it's crazy to me, but awesome too. Anyway, I'm so thrilled for you that the blog has been a source of fun and encouragement, and look forward to you having more years of blogging ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment is so beyond sweet. Thank you, Alexa! <3

      Delete
  10. Three years is such an achievement. Congrats on being awesome, and keeping this hobby going with all you have else going on in your life.. It's been very fun getting to know you and read your blog and I know you're going to keep doing fun and original things. Way to go, girl.

    ReplyDelete