Epic Recs (9): July

Happy late July 4th everyone! This post is coming a wee bit late for me because packing has taken over my life since I am house-sitting my friend's apartment in NYC for the remainder of my internship and job! No more cray cray commute! YAAASSSSS!

Anyway, let's get down to business!


I'm very excited for this month of Epic Recs because Bekka gave me a book that's pretty polarizing. Last month was super crazy for me, so I'll be finishing my Epic Rec and reading this one, but Bekka loved hers so I am so dang happy!!!

~*~Lili Recs~*~
I think this one is a no brainer. Everyone has to read A Darker Shade of Magic and absolutely everyone has to love it.

~*~Bekka Recs~*~
 I'm really curious about The Night We Said Yes because I know Bekka loved it and she thinks I'll love the love interest, but I also know several people who disliked it. I'm curious to see what side of the spectrum I fall on!

Have you read either of these books? What did you think?

12 comments:

  1. I approve of Vicious! I liked it more than ADSOM :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already had it covered in a previous rec ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't been paying attention to reviews of TNWSY so I had no idea people were disliking it! Oh well, I still think you're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading The Night We Said Yes. Although I didn't love it, it was a quick and easy read for me. I ended up giving it 4 stars. I hope you enjoy it too! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent post: June Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I love it, too!

      Delete
  4. I read Victoria Schwab's The Archived and The Unbound and loved them so I don't know why I still haven't read ADSOM and Vicious yet. I've been wanting to read them even before they came out! Ugh. I heard plenty of negative things about The Night We Said Yes, too. I haven't read it but it sounds a lot like How to Love by Katie Cotugno which I loved even though I hated the characters so I'm still going to check it out.

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I love Schwab but I can honestly say I think her adult titles are so much better than her YA titles (which are already amazing so imagine the amazingness of her adult titles!)

      Delete
  5. I wholeheartedly agree with Lili's review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sadly not a fan of The Night We Said Yes. :( I really wanted to love it, and I hope you do, too. The reviews that I've seen are mostly positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed I'm the opposite of you with this one.

      Delete