My Current Obsession (3): Parks and Recreation


The last time I did one of these, I focused on THE UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT. That was exactly four months ago plus one extra day. Crazy, right? I guess it comes as no surprise that my current obsession is in the same comedic vain...Amy Poehler's hilarious PARKS AND RECREATION. As I write this post, I am eight episodes into season four and I am loving it so much I just want to fangirl with everyone!

Parks and Rec



Literally, the reason I love this show is because of the cast. I can't remember the last time I have encountered a show where I have loved each and every character. They're all so different and dynamic, and that's what makes this show so wonderful. They are the most unlikely group of friends and the funniest group of co-workers, and I didn't think I could love a bunch of goofballs as much as I love my Pawnee goofballs.

Leslie Knope played by Amy Poehler: Amy Poehler is always hilarious, but she plays a relentlessly optimistic wannabe small-town politician that is desperate to go down in the history books and get out of her mother's shadow. At the same time, she can throw down and shoot a gun like nobody's business. When she's pursuing something passionately, you know she's going to make you laugh your ass off. Plus, her love life is pretty hilarious and adorable at all once. Also obsessed with waffles because life.

Ron Swanson played by Nick Offerman: Lover of meat, hater of people, laziest boss in the world, man's man (every week he has to sand down his toenails because they're too strong for clippers) that is only attracted to psychotic women named Tammy...with the sweetest and most surprising kind side that he keeps buried way deep until someone amazing like Leslie needs it to make a rare appearance. Also, owner of a sick mustache.

Andy Dwyer played by Chris Pratt: Compared to the rest of the cast, Andy isn't as huge of a character. But if there's anything we all know it's that Chris Pratt is awesome and absolutely hilarious. While the entire show is hilarious, he provides a ridiculous amount of comedic relief because every scene he is in is meant to make viewers smile, even if other characters are struggling. It's crazy to think that he was initially just supposed to be a guest star in season one. I am so happy he is now there full time! Plus, his blooper reels on Youtube are drop-dead funny.

April Ludgate played by Aubrey Plaza: The most lovable deadpan college student character you'll ever come across. I literally can't say anything else because she's perfect.

Tom Haverford played by Aziz Ansari: Firstly, can I say I am so happy for him that he lost weight? I know he wanted to and he was never that large, but comparing him today to what he looked like in the first season of the show is such a drastic change. Aziz plays a wannabe gangsta government employee obsessed with partying and hot women, but he doesn't have enough game to appeal to anyone but elder cougars in town that are looking for extramarital affairs. He's also obsessed with fashion. In other words, he is perfectly hilarious. Just like everyone else.

Ann Perkins played by Rashida Jones: A super gorgeous nurse that ends up being Leslie's best friend and even though they are complete opposites, I am obsessed with their friendship and their ability to constantly be there for each other and lift each other up. Plus, her love life is also hilarious.

Chris Traeger played by Rob Lowe: Relentlessly optimistic, increasingly bubbly, obsessed with his health and obtaining perfection, super-sleuth, and ridiculously attractive. Need I say more?

 Ben Wyatt played by Adam Scott: Cute nerdy new addition to the office that is wonderfully nerdy and nice to look at and nerdy. Did I mention he was adorkably nerdy? He appeals to my soul!  

Jerry Gergich played by Jim O'Heir: Slowly approaching retirement office mess-up that is the butt of all jokes and the easiest person to blame for everything. EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT, JERRY!

Donna Meagle played by Retta: Always in the background of all episodes to deliver a hilarious line when necessary, best office worker ever with an attitude. In other words, all things cool.  
 

~*~Just get past season 1~*~


Season one is only six episodes long, so it has a few issues and the main one is that it is way too short. The characters aren't fleshed out and it's like the creators of the show were still on the hunt for the true heart of each character. Everything else becomes super interesting in season two once the characters are properly fleshed out and the obsessiveness with the pit morphs into so much more. I have to say, though, that season three rocked my freaking socks off and I'm prepared for it to continue to blow my mind.

Plus, this is a quick binge since the longest episode so far has been 27 minutes and the shortest a mere 20 minutes! Just watch it. You can thank me later. ;)

Have you ever seen Parks and Rec? Who was your favorite character? Do you want to watch it if you haven't already? Share your thoughts below!

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH OMGGGG I LOVE THESE GIFS!!
    I discovered Parks and Rec last year on Netflix after hearing SO much about it for so long. I became instantly obsessed and binge-watched it nonstop haha :) It’s just such an amazing show, isn’t it? I love Amy Poehler. I love everyone on that damn show! It’s brilliant! I haven’t even brought myself to finish the last season…it’s denial lol. I have started it and I only have a few episodes left but I don’t ‘want it to be over *cries*

    Diamond @ Diamond’s Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY ARE WONDERFUL! There were a few moments I was looking for in particular that I just couldn't find, but whatevs, I'm pretty happy with myself for grabbing these.

      I literally think it's impossible to hate a character on this show! Oh my gosh, I get so in denial about series enders too!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this show! I finished it last month (though still haven't watched the last season since Netflix is lagging), and I'm thinking I want to rewatch it sometime in the near future. I agree about season 1 - I was really disappointed but then I started season 2 and couldn't stop after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so sad season 7 is not on Netflix! That means I have to watch the first 6 then go and switch binges, then come back to this one. RAHHH!!!!

      Honestly, they should have just made season 1 a proper first season instead of elongating season 2

      Delete
  3. I've never really watched Parks & Rec before, though I've caught an episode or two. It does sound like it'd be something I'd enjoy, and I'm also really drawn by the fact that Chris Pratt (*insert heart eyes emoji*) is in it alongside Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari and Rashida Jones. Might have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally do! And this is a great show you can watch with your husband, too! Super hilarious.

      Delete
  4. I've seen a few episodes and loved them. I absolutely need to binge watch this show at some point. April is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny seeing this comment now and being like I HAVE GOTTEN HER TO JOIN ME! YES!

      Delete