What is my life?


So, if you haven't noticed I've been somewhat MIA on ya'll recently. I'm still around, but nowhere near as much as I used to. For a while it was because I was commuting into NYC 5 days a week for my internship and non-profit job, which took an extra 3 hours out of my day on top of my 8 hour work-day, so you can imagine the exhaustion. I would come home and just not have the energy to read.

That's not really true anymore because I have moved to NYC for the remainder of the summer and my round-trip commute is now closer to 45 minutes to an hour. It's wonderful in that sense, but since moving to New York City I have begun walking a lot. I'm trying to get back to the weight I was in the beginning of the school year before I had the crazy roommate who tells people my accomplishments are hers because she made me stress eat so much, and I'm doing this by walking a lot as to not hurt my injured knee or over exert myself. Plus, it's nice to come home after a long day of work and plug in my headphones and listen to music or a podcast while I enjoy NYC. I'm walking a ridiculous amount and I'm loving every minute of it. (To put it into perspective, I get so lost on my walks that I've walked 31 miles in the past 4 days).

But, again, I come home and I'm exhausted. I shower, get in bed, and watch Parks and Rec because I just don't have the energy to read and focus on reading. Plus, walking a lot makes me tired and I'm actually getting more sleep than I've ever gotten before in the past several years. It's crazy!

But, yeah, I'm kind of adjusting to this new lifestyle choice, and I don't really know how to get myself back into reading because I'm not willing to give up the exercise for it. I've spoken to a few people and they say it takes time to adjust to spending most of your time working and traveling to and from work because such a thing is exhausting, but I am so ready to be past that stage.

So, I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to get back into reading when dealing with a full plate of exhaustion due to your activities for 10-11 hours of the day five days a week? I'd love to know because I miss reviewing!

Now that you know what's going on in my world, what's going on in your world?

6 comments:

  1. I love walking around NYC and its so easy to get distracted by the city that you don't even realize how much you walked. Have you considered audio books? I know its hard to squeeze reading into that busy day and I hope you find a solution soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This exactly! I have an hour long lunch break and I tend to just walk the entire time and eat while I'm at my desk. I always try to wander in a different direction, too.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. First, congratulations on moving to NYC! It's the best place on earth ;) Second, my advice is, carry a book or audiobook with you all the time. Bc you never know when the time will hit and you'll want to read. Third, visit indie bookstores and coffee shops. Their atmosphere always makes me want to read. I know you're busy and 10-11 hrs sounds and feels exhausting, but believe me, you will get used to it. In my younger years I was the same way. Now, I don't even know what to do with my extra time:) I wish you the best of luck on your amazing journey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite place ever <3

      I really want to get into audiobooks, but for some reason I am super hesitant about it! I don't know why.

      Thank you for stopping by, Helena!

      Delete
  3. You seem to have quite the packed schedule! I think it's really great that you're finding time to exercise during your time as well. During the school year when work piles up, I tend to read late at night. On the weekends is really when I do most of my reading and reviewing though. I'm sure you'll adjust soon to the new lifestyle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I slowly am, it's just a bit exhausting once dinner time come around! haha

      I am the same way during the school year.

      Delete