August Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
August has been absolutely crazy! I broke my 3 month streak of not seeing a Broadway show, I binged an entire 7 season show on television, I finished out my summer internship and got a new internship that I'll talk more about a little later, I got back into reading after being in a huge July slump, I moved out of an apartment I was staying in in NYC and felt all the sads, but I reunited with my cats and felt all the feels, I celebrated my Dad's birthday, saw my little sister off to college, made the tough decision to commute from home this semester, learned that I also start my thesis this upcoming semester, and also realized that in this entire eating healthier process I have managed to LOSE 10 POUNDS! As someone who has been very uncomfortable in her own skin for a while, I am really proud of the direction my life is going! Now, let's get down to business.

Books Reviewed:
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - 4.5 stars
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson - 4.5 stars
A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano - 4 stars
Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine - 4 stars
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - 3 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
24. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (ARC: 470 pages)
25. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Hardcover: 374 pages)
26. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (Paperback: 341 pages)
27. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (ARC: 389 pages)
28. The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle (ARC: 293 pages)
29. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (ARC: 320 pages)
30. Play On by Michelle Smith (ARC: 258 pages)
31. Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (ARC: 246 pages)
32. Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally (Paperback: 242 pages)
33. Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally (Paperback: 286 pages)
34. Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally (Paperback: 287 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None!
    Total Pages Read This Month: 3,506 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 11,368 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 34
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1
    The Broadway Review:
    • No reviews this month, but I have one written to go up in September!
    Discussion Posts:

    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Holy cow, guys. I have nothing to say but HOLY COW.
    TV:
    • Big Brother has continued on and I can't say I love it right now. The only people I am rooting for at this point are James and Johnny Mac. If Vanessa, Austin, or the twins win I will probably cry.
    • I binged all seven seasons of Parks and Recreation and fell in love with a brand new cast of characters that are basically my life now. I also got Danielle to binge the show too! Just trust me, you need this show in your life!

    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    3/10 completed
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    14/25 completed
    • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
    • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
    • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan 
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine 
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
    • Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
    • A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
    • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
    • Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
    • Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
    •  The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    14/11 completed: Challenge Complete in August
    • The Last Good Day of the Year by Jennifer Warman
    • Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta 
    • The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
    • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
    • Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
    • Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
    • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
    • Play On by Michelle Smith
    • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith 
    • Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
    • Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
    • Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
    TBR Pile Challenge:
    8/5 completed: Challenge Complete in June
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta 
    • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
    • Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
    • Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta 
    • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    • Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
    • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
    Dive Into Diversity Challenge:
    5/6 completed
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
    • 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger 
    • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
    • Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
    • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
    2015 Summer of Series:
    3/3 series completed: June, July, August
      • June: Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn
      • July: Under the Never Sky, Through the Ever Night, Into the Still Blue
      • August: Stealing Parker, Racing Savannah, Jesse's Girl
      Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

      4 comments:

      1. Whoa, that was a busy month for you! And I see your month reading wise was really good too and you managed to read a lot of books. I've heard a lot of Parks & Rec but I just don't have the time right now to start it. :(

        Here's my Wrap-Up post: August Wrap-Up

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Start it when you get the chance! It is so, so worth it!

          Delete
      2. Big Brother and Parks & Rec have been our lives this month LOL. Love that you got me to watch both! <3

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I am happy I got you to watch both, too! <3

          Delete