Top Ten Songs That Get Me Into the Halloween Spirit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I am so excited today is a freebie because I have had this post floating around in my head for a while! In no particular order, ten songs to get you into the Halloween spirit!

1. I Put A Spell On You - Bette Midler from Hocus Pocus

This is the ultimate song, though. No questions asked.

2. Evil Like Me - Kristin Chenoweth & Dove Cameron from The Descendants

This song is pure gold!

3. Dark Lord Funk

This song never gets old though! Oh my gosh. What an A+ parody.

4. Thriller by Michael Jackson

Pretty straight forward, I think. Such a legend.

5. Monster by Kanye West, featuring Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, and Rick Ross

Yeah, this one is pretty self-explanatory. This music video freaks me out way too much to watch.
 

6. This is Halloween by The Citizens of Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas

So. Damn. Good. Used to scare me so much as a child!

7. Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers

MY CHILDHOOD! OH. MY. GOSH. THE NOSTALGIA! Even if it's kinda dirty in retrospect.

8. Harry Potter Theme Song 1 Hour Loop

Confession: this is constantly playing in my household year-round, but especially in the month of October!

9. Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show

THIS SONG REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF HALLOWEEN! This movie is life and I always have to watch it a million times in October.

10. Bumps Gonna Goose Ya - Jack Black from Goosebumps

Warning: this song screams 90s and you'll automatically love it even though you know you shouldn't.

I had so much fun putting this list together and I hope you enjoy it too! Don't forget to link me to your TTT posts below!

23 comments:

  1. Hocus Pocus, Thriller, and Monster.
    Yes, Yes, and Yes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have amazing taste in music ;)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post! I am driving my husband crazy playing each of the songs. :-) I love Time Warp and Monster Mash. :-) I think my favorite though is the song from Wicked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wicked is quite amazing! I was thinking of featuring it, but I chose not to just because SO MUCH AWESOME IN ALL THE OTHERS

      Delete
  3. This is a fun list! We just finished our annual Halloween Hocus Pocus rewatch--I love the scene with that song!
    Nothing gets us in the Halloween mood like the Nightmare before Christmas music! :D We play it on Halloween at the door so the Trick or Treaters hear it as they walk up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best scene in the movie! <3

      Haha I want to go trick or treating at your house now.

      Delete
  4. Great Halloween post idea! I love Hocus Pocus and Time Warp.
    Halloween @ Crushingcinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun with it. (:

      Delete
  5. LET'S DO THE TIMEWARP AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to include sweet transvestite but time warp just made so much more sense!

      Delete
  6. What a great idea for a Halloween post! I adore so many of these movies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THRILLER! I was hoping you would have this when I saw the topic! LOVE this song! And This is Halloween is another that always gets me in the spirit. And love Hocus Pocus and Time Warp too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I not have Thriller?!

      So happy you liked the post.

      Delete
  8. I love your idea for your post! Absolutely love the song I put A Spell on you so was really glad to see it in your list.
    ADVANCE HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

    Here's mine I hope you check it out :) MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advance happy halloween to you too! <3

      Delete
  9. Thriller is 100% a Halloween song to me! I love putting it on repeat during this time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea for a topic! I love all of the songs you chose but can you believe I'd never seen the Dark Lord Funk video before? That was awesome so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am so happy I got to introduce such an amazing video to you!

      Delete