November Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
November has been a really tough month for me with school and I have been kind of bummed out because I completed my internship. So many projects due...so little time to read and blog. I have a lot of posts scheduled for December to make up for the fact that I fell behind in November. But, agh, life sucks sometimes.

Shout to to my Mom who had her birthday yesterday.

Books Reviewed:
Winter by Marissa Meyer - 5 stars
Soundless by Richelle Mead - 3.5 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 55 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
43. Soundless by Richelle Mead (ARC: 272 pages)
44. King Lear by William Shakespeare (Paperback: 192 pages)
45. Cymbeline by William Shakespeare (Paperback: 144 pages)
46. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (ARC: 496 pages)
47. Winter by Marissa Meyer (Hardcover: 827 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None!
    Total Pages Read This Month: 1,931 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 15,533 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 47
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1
    The Broadway Review:
    • I literally have two reviews sitting in my draft that I keep forgetting to post because I am terrible. AH!
    Giveaways:
    • None, unfortunately. I am saving all of my money for London. My wallet...it hurts.
    Discussion Posts:
    • I shared my blog with one of my classes and immediately my heart stopped. Who do you share your blog with?
    • I took a moment to talk about my life and why everything is so hectic. Gosh, I don't know how I am still standing right now.
    • I said goodbye to Penguin since I completed my internship and shared some internship advice with my most recent Intern Diaries installation.
    • I participated in Black Friday for the first time ever at Barnes and Noble and shared my misadventures and crazy observations with everyone so that we could all have a laugh.
    Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
    • I was part of the PERSUASION blog tour for Martina Boone and she shared some awesome quotes from the book with us!
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I saw Wicked on Friday the 13th because it's been years since both my friend and I have seen it. It was marvelous as usual.
    TV:
    • Survivor is blowing my mind with arguably the best season ever. Honestly, every season needs to be like this.
    • I have also kept up with The Amazing Race and I am loving every minute of it. I have to say, though, that if the paparazzi team doesn't leave this upcoming week, I am going to be so mad. I hate them so much!
    • The New York Giants are making me cringe each week, as per usual. Ugh
    Movies: 
    • I saw Mockingjay Part 2 with Dana, and I have to say I am pretty satisfied with this series ender!
    • I binge watched the Twilight movies when I was sick one day, and wow. So bad, yet so many memories.
    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    6/10 completed
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George 
    • Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
    • Soundless by Richelle Mead 
    • Winter by Marissa Meyer
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    18/25 completed
    • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
    • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
    • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan 
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine 
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
    • Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
    • A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
    • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
    • Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
    • Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
    • Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas 
    • Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
    • Soundless by Richelle Mead 
    • The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman 
    • Winter by Marissa Meyer
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    15/11 completed - Challenge Complete in August
    • The Last Good Day of the Year by Jennifer Warman
    • Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta 
    • The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
    • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
    • Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
    • Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
    • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
    • Play On by Michelle Smith
    • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith 
    • Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
    • Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
    • Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally 
    • Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
    TBR Pile Challenge:
    14/5 completed: Challenge Complete in June
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta 
    • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
    • Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
    • Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta 
    • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    • Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
    • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
    • Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
    • Hamlet by William Shakespeare
    • Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
    • Othello by William Shakespeare 
    • King Lear by William Shakespeare
    • Cymbeline by William Shakespeare
    Dive Into Diversity Challenge:
    9/6 completed - Challenge Complete in September
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
    • 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
    • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
    • Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
    • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 
    • Breaking Rockefeller by Peter B. Doran
    • Othello by William Shakespeare 
    • Soundless by Richelle Mead 
    • Winter by Marissa Meyer
    2015 Summer of Series:
    3/3 series completed: June, July, August
      • June: Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn
      • July: Under the Never Sky, Through the Ever Night, Into the Still Blue
      • August: Stealing Parker, Racing Savannah, Jesse's Girl
      Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

      1 comment:

      1. Wonderful post, even though you didn't read all that much you still had wonderful content on the blog :) much appreciated! I hope your December rocks!

        ReplyDelete