December Monthly Recap: Goodbye 2015

~*~On The Blog~*~
This has been a crazy month for me! I completed my junior year of high school, GOT A 4.0 IN A 19 CREDIT SEMESTER (WHAT?!?!), spent a lot of time preparing for London, and said many goodbyes. I have a few more to go in the next week though because takeoff is Jan 9! AH! This month has been a month for me to relax a little after the chaos that has been this semester, and I feel like I am still mentally exhausted despite the fact that I am actually able to sleep for once. Oh well, this is why London is going to be so perfect for me! I am obsessing over my adventures in Europe and I just want them to be here already.

Books Reviewed:
The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman - 4 stars
This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp - 3 stars
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson - 2.5 stars
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken - DNF Review
I Love My Hair by Andrea Pippins - unrated

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 55 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
48. The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare (Paperback: 122 pages)
49. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows (Bound Manuscript: 512 pages)
50. Titans by Victoria Scott (ARC: 320 pages)
51. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (ARC: 247 pages)
52. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (ARC: 302 pages)
53. This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (ARC: 281 pages)
54. The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine (ARC: 415 pages)
55. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (ARC: 415 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (200 pages in)
    Total Pages Read This Month: 2,814 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 18,347 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 55
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 2

    All in all, I will say I am very proud of this goal. While I would have liked to hit 20,000 pages, the fact that I managed 55 books over the course of 3 different internships, 39 credits worth of college, over 400 hours of on-campus job work, several Broadway shows, two of the most kickass concerts ever, time with my friends, a huge lack of sleep, and a freaking awesome GPA makes me happy. I managed this. And I am curious to see what is in store in 2016.
    The Broadway Review:
    • I have been so bad at keeping up this feature and I really need to change that....
    Giveaways:
    • None, unfortunately. I am saving all of my money for London. My wallet...it hurts.
    Discussion Posts:
    Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
    • I was part of the TROUBLE WITH DESTINY blog tour and Lauren Morrill shared her top ten favorite quotes from the book to give everyone a sneak peek of what is inside that beautiful cover!
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I saw The Book of Mormon with Alexa and Nicole earlier this month because I won tickets in the lottery and decided to bring Alexa. Nicole also won and brought her boyfriend. This is my second time seeing the show. Irreverent as always, but extremely entertaining if not easily offended!
    TV:
    • Survivor has finished and I am not mad with who won. Honestly, he deserved it and he brought my ideal 3 to the end (minus Wentworth because she so deserved a spot there). I do wish Spencer won though! Also, not too excited about next season because it can't stand up to this season and I do not like the brains vs brawn vs beauty twist. Plus Caleb from Big Brother is part of this season and I am not excited about that.
    • The Amazing Race is done and I am pretty satisfied with who won! Honestly, they have been a favorite team of mine from the beginning because they know how to keep a cool head under pressure and they work so well together!
    • The New York Giants are making me cringe each week, as per usual. Our hopes for the playoffs are dashed.
    • I have been watching a lot of Dateline and The Last 48 because of Paige. She got me addicted during BEA and now that I've got cable, I am ready for said addicting to continue. I can't wait to watch Making a Murderer one day too.
    Movies: 
    • I saw so many movies this month that I can't list them all! Most were on TV. I haven't seen any December releases yet and it's KILLING ME!
    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    6/10 completed - Challenge failed
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George 
    • Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
    • Soundless by Richelle Mead 
    • Winter by Marissa Meyer
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    26/25 completed - Challenge completed in December
    • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
    • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
    • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
    • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    • Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan 
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine 
    • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
    • Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
    • A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
    • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
    • Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
    • Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
    • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    • Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
    • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
    • Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas 
    • Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
    • Soundless by Richelle Mead 
    • The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman 
    • Winter by Marissa Meyer
    • My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
    • Titans by Victoria Scott
    • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton 
    • The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine 
    • Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    17/11 completed - Challenge Complete in August
    • The Last Good Day of the Year by Jennifer Warman
    • Mistletoe and Mr. Right: Two Stories of Holiday Romance by Lyla Payne
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta 
    • The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
    • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
    • Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
    • Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
    • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
    • Play On by Michelle Smith
    • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith 
    • Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
    • Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
    • Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally 
    • Dumplin' by Julie Murphy 
    • Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke 
    • This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
    TBR Pile Challenge:
    15/5 completed: Challenge Complete in June
    • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
    • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta 
    • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
    • Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
    • Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta 
    • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    • Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
    • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
    • Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
    • Hamlet by William Shakespeare
    • Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
    • Othello by William Shakespeare 
    • King Lear by William Shakespeare
    • Cymbeline by William Shakespeare 
    • The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare
    Dive Into Diversity Challenge:
    11/6 completed - Challenge Complete in September
    • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine
    • 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger
    • P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
    • Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
    • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 
    • Breaking Rockefeller by Peter B. Doran
    • Othello by William Shakespeare 
    • Soundless by Richelle Mead 
    • Winter by Marissa Meyer 
    • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton 
    • This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
    2015 Summer of Series:
    3/3 series completed: June, July, August
      • June: Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn
      • July: Under the Never Sky, Through the Ever Night, Into the Still Blue
      • August: Stealing Parker, Racing Savannah, Jesse's Girl
      Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

      1 comment:

      1. I think it is amazing and hilarious that she got you addicted to those shows. The three of us need to figure out a blog feature or at least a watch-a-long together when you get back from London.

        All at once I feel like I'm gonna miss you while you're gone but um our whole friendship is over the phone except for once a year anyway so it won't be that different. Just gotta figure out how to work around the time difference! Still, I hope you have an amazing, adventurous time there and that it is everything you are hoping for and more.

        And when you get back you can help me plan my own trip to London because Mike and I are hoping to vacation there at the end of the year!

        ReplyDelete