Ten Best Heroines From Books I Read in 2015


While most of these heroines are from books published in 2015, the last 3 are from books that are a bit older that I just discovered in 2015! And of course there are some honorable mentions from 2016 at the end!

1. Lila Bard - A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - Everyone's favorite pirate.
2. Willowdean - Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - A girl with confidence in herself is a beautiful thing.
3. Cinder - Winter by Marissa Meyer - I mean, this entire crew of females kicks butt for different reasons, but Cinder is always A+.

4. Aelin - Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas - I think she's pretty self-explanatory.
5. Madeline - Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - This girl doesn't lot her illness rule her and chooses to live her life. Like whoa.

6. Lia - Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson - She is so hardcore! Oh my gosh, I love her.
7. Naila - Written In The Stars by Aisha Saeed - Strength is knowing who you are and rolling with it.

8. Kami Glass -  Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan - I just found her so interesting!
9. Quintana - Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta - Nobody can deny how strong this girl is.
10. Francesca - Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - Strength isn't always physical.

Honorable Mentions from 2016

11. Jane Grey - My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton - A bookworm who uses her intelligence to live wisely and happily. I loved her characterization so much!
12. Amani - Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton - A girl that is more gunpowder than girl.
13. Shazad - Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton - A female general that kicks major butt in a world where women are wed or dead. We need more characters like her.

I had so much fun making this list and I cannot wait to see what is on everyone else's lists!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that Quintana and Kami and Aelin and Cinder are all on this list! (Also, seeing your description for Lila makes me want to read that book.) I'm also really excited to meet Jane and Amani and Shazad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't know how to properly describe Lila so I made it simple, short and sweet because it's true.

      I can't wait for you to meet Jane, Amani, and Shazad!! <3

      Delete
  2. You are the yin to my yang today!I did best villains! i really am approving of your list here girlie! i CAN T WAIT TO GET TO READ MY LADY JANE & REBEL OF THE SANDS!
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE ARE SO IN SYNC TODAY! Just looked at your list and was like YAASSS!

      MLJ and ROTS are so good! I think you'll love both!

      Delete
  3. Totally agree on Aelin!!! So jealous about My Lady Jane, I can't wait for that book, good to know you enjoyed it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aelin is A+! <3

      You are going to love My Lady Jane! I think everyone will <3

      Delete
  4. Ah, so many awesome looks books that I've heard of but not read. :) But are on my TBR. The only one I've read on your list was Everything, Everything which I liked a ton. Maddie was a great character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything, Everything is a solid book to have read from this list! I am happy I could contribute to your TBR. All these books are def worth giving a shot to!

      Delete
  5. Lila and Lia for sure! I can't wait to read more from those two authors in 2016. Great topic and lovely choices, Lili!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how you picked the two girls with names closest to mine ;) Seeing Lila, Lia, and Lili all in one comment is mind boggling

      Delete
  6. Willowdean & Madeline for sure! I adored Dumplin'. I haven't read any of the other books on list, but there are a few I am going to look into. Great list!

    Amber | The Book Bratz
    My Top 10 2015 Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very fantasy dominated list and I am guessing you are a contemporary reader? I would recommend checking them all out if given the chance! <3

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete