Ten Fantasy Books I Am Looking Forward to in 2016


This list was so hard! There are so many non-fantasy books I want, but so many good fantasy books are coming out in 2016 that I changed this list at least 3 times. Agh!

1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer- I will read anything that this woman writes. I am so ready to enter one of her new worlds!
2. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab- I am so excited for Schwab's return to YA! Her adult has taken off and blown my mind, so I can't wait to head back to the age level where I first met her with THE NEAR WITCH way back when.
3. Riders by Veronica Rossi- I loved her UNDER THE NEVER SKY series, so I am excited to check out her fantasy as she takes a break from dystopia.

4. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson- The last installment in this series needs to be here tomorrow because I need to know what happens! I am so ready for it!
5. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab- I also cannot wait to read the next installment in her A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC series. I mean, Lila, Kell, and Rhys all rock! And that world! Man.

6. The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig- Time traveling pirates!!! Do I need to say anything else?!
7. Remembrance by Meg Cabot- I am so excited for there to be another Mediator novel! And since it is going to be an adult book, that means it is going to blow my mind! Maybe some romance ;)
8. Tell The Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan- Sarah read a small bit of this book back in 2014 when she was doing an event with Marie Rutkoski at McNally Jackson  and I have been desperate to read it ever since.

9. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman- I haven't encountered a Blackbeard retelling in years, so I am so ready for this. It looks awesome! Plus, I am in serious cover love with this book too.
10. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury- I am a sucker for fairytale retellings and have been an avid follower of Khoury's work, so I am so ready for this one! SO READY.

Honorable Mentions

11. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer- I chose not to count novella collections in the above list, but I am so excited for this!
12. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton- I already read this one and it blew my mind, but it deserves a spot on this list because everyone else needs to read it as well! It is so good!!
13. My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand, and Brodi Ashton- I also didn't include this one because I read it already, but it earned a solid 5 stars from me just like the aforementioned title, so I had to mention it because IT IS SO GOOD TOO! omg

This list was so hard to put together! I hope you enjoy it, and I can't wait to add to my TBR to find other 2016 releases I need but didn't know about just yet. I am so ready for 2016!!!! I just realized there's a lot of retellings on this list! haha

2 comments:

  1. Eep! I have a couple of these but I haven't had the chance to read them yet. I neeeed Rebel of the Sands! Though I really wish they stuck with the old USA cover (I like this new one too but waaahhh!). I hope you enjoy all of these when you get the chance to read them next year. :)

    Happy holidays, Lili!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh great list! 2016 looks like it’s going to be an awesome reading year! Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10 of 2015! I hope to see you next year for the Top 10 of 2016!
    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete