Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This list has some amazing YA vets on here that I can't believe I waited so long to read as well as some kickass debuts. In no particular order...
1. Sarah Rees Brennan - Unspoken - I regret not reading this sooner. Thank you for forcing this woman into my life, Alexa.
2. Veronica Rossi - Under the Never Sky trilogy - I read Veronica's books as part of Summer of Series and could not put them down! So good...so good...Perry, Roar, just agh. This lady can write men so well!
3. Nicola Yoon - Everything, Everything - What an amazing debut! One of my fave reads of the year for sure!
4. Julie Murphy - Dumplin' - I DNFed Murphy's debut novel, so I am counting her as new-to-me because I never made it through one of her books and had this preconceived notion about her that I was able to overcome.
5. Sophie Jordan - Reign of Shadows - I know, I know. Sophie Jordan has so many books out in the world and I have never read one before. Shame on me! I guess they just never screamed LILI to me until now.
6. Sarah Dessen - Keeping the Moon - I KNOW! I have been yelled at enough about not reading Dessen before. But I lost my Dessen virginity officially so I understand now. I UNDERSTAND.
7. Aisha Saeed - Written in the Stars - Aisha's debut is poignant and important and everyone needs to read it. I cannot wait to see what she writes next.
8. Michelle Smith - Play On - This was just so fun and cute, but serious all the same. Definitely a nice feel good author similar to Miranda Kenneally.
9. Jennifer Lynn Barnes - The Fixer - I need to read everything else Jennifer Lynn Barnes has ever written immediately because she is screaming, "Lili's kind of author" to me now. I read NOBODY by her back in the day but I disliked it so much I am blocking her out and instead counting this as my proper introduction to her. Gotta pick up THE NATURALS next.
10. Melinda Salisbury - The Sin Eater's Daughter - I loved this polarizing debut! I know not everyone does, but this really hit the spot as my first read of 2015 when I needed it to.
I spent this year reading mostly authors I knew because I have only managed to read just under 50 books so far. Talk about being busy. But I have to admit that all these authors blew my mind in different ways. What new authors blew your minds? I'd love to add to my TBR! Share your TTT lists below!