~*~On The Blog~*~
This month I headed back to school and I'm adjusting to what it's like again. I didn't get a lot of reading done because of this, but I am hoping this will change in February now that I am (hopefully) more adjusted to what it's like being in NYC with my new crazy schedule.
Books Reviewed:All Fall Down by Ally Carter - 4 stars
Until Midnight by Melissa Landers - 4 stars
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - 4 stars
Soulprint by Megan Miranda - 3.5 stars
The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons - 3.5 stars
The Maze Runner by James Dashner - 2 stars
Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
- The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (ARC: 311 pages)
- The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons (ARC: 332 pages)
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (ARC: 400 pages)
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Hardcover: 256 pages)
- The Last Good Day of the Year by Jessica Warman (ARC: 278 pages)
- The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart (85 pages in)
Total Books Read This Year: 5
Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
- I have a Broadway review going up next month!
- None this month aside from a Twitter giveaway, but I have at least 2 planned for February so stay tuned ;)
- What got you reading? For some, it is a loaded question. This is a very personal post, but I would love to know your story.
- Introducing The Intern Diaries! This is a post series about my experiences interning to give curious people a peek on the other side and people who want to one day be in my shoes more knowledge. I hope you guys like it! The first post is on social media!
- I did my first Waiting on Wednesday in 4 months for this hilarious-looking Wizard of Oz retelling!
- My 2014 end of the year book survey was posted in the beginning of the month. This thing is so time consuming!
- Epic Recs for January was not that successful. Bekka gave my book 3 stars and I DNFed my first book of 2015 with her rec. February is looking bright, though!
Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
- My Tuck Everlasting 40th anniversary blog tour post went up. What would you do if you could live forever?
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I saw Cabaret for my birthday. Thank you, Tanta, for taking me. Emma Stone and Alan Cumming absolutely rocked my socks off.
- Breaking Bad is over for me and I am in love with that ending. This was such a great long-term binge and I highly recommend it.
- The Bachelor is airing again and I love me some crappy reality television. However, most of the girls suck this season, ESPECIALLY ASHLEY I WHO IS REPPING A TOWN ABOUT 40 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOMETOWN. I am cringing! Anyway, I really like Whitney and Jade, so fingers crossed for them. Chris is great, though, even if he's blinded by the women right now. AND I AM SO HAPPY JILLIAN IS FINALLY GONE. WHEW.
- I saw the premier of Agent Carter, but I've unfortunately missed all later episodes. I'm going to binge it upon its completion.
- The Challenge has broken my heart with how they are handling the Diem situation, but this season is turning out to be a decent one so far. CT & DIEM FOREVER! <3
- I have officially started my Friends re-watch. I am only about 4 or 5 episodes in, but I am so ready for this!
- I've watched Guardians of the Galaxy a few times. Okay...more then a few times.
- People's Choice did the ultimate Throwback Thursday with the 6 music videos for 90 songs that everyone knows and forgot about and I die every time I listen to them.
- The third trailer for THE DUFF has been released and I just love it so much!
Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
- None so far! D:
Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
- The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
- The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Contemporary Reading Challenge:
- Does The Last Good Day of the Year count?
TBR Pile Challenge:
- I suck. Ignore me. This is why I typically don't do challenges.
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3