Best Books I've Read In 2015

Now that we are in 2016 (where did the last year go?!) I wanted to take a look back at the best books I read in 2015 out of the 55 books I barely managed to complete.

Backlist Books

1. Under The Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi- I tried reading these books when they first came out and put them down because the opening of book one confused me. At the coercion of several friends I moved past this questionable beginning and fell in love with Roar and Perry in ways I never thought I would!
2. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchett- The hype machine is so worth it in this series! Also, I found it interesting that the backbone of this series is in book two. So well done! <3 
3. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan- I still need to finish this series, but book one made a huge impression on me. I zoomed through it and it's stayed with me ever since!

2015 Releases

4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab- This book is one of my ultimate faves and has cemented Schwab as an auto-buy author. Need I say more? Okay: multiple Londons. BOOM.
5. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy- Murphy gave us a character that is so easy to relate to that you can't help but desperately hope this was real. When I found out there will be a companion, I jumped for joy!
6. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon- I wasn't expecting this book to be as amazing as it was, but it is ridiculously unique and beautiful--just like it's cover. Well worth the read for an amazing love interest and strong heroine that is entirely unique.
7. Winter by Marissa Meyer- This is the ending I so desperately wanted...my heart ached but it also soared.

2016 Releases

8. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton- THIS BOOK SHOCKED ME! I was expecting to enjoy it, but I fell head over heels in love with this world, the characters, the lore...I can't tell you how much I loved it.
9. My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand, and Brodi Ashton- I am sure everyone is sick of hearing me talk about this book at this point. Many laughs, much fun, cool creatures, death doom destruction! Read!
10. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke- I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did, but the magical realism weaves in and out of this contemporary giving it a dark fairytale feel that is impossible not to love.
11. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard- SO. GOOD. I still can't word when it comes to this one.
12. The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine- This book got off to a slow start but once it picked up it showed no signs of slowing down. Sarah has been an amazing friend to me for years, and every book she writes never ceases to amaze me! <3

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? If not, I highly recommend reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment