London, Here I Come!

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I am preparing to go to London for a little over 5 months. At 9PM tomorrow I am taking off to start the journey of a lifetime. And while I will be residing in a dorm with wi-fi, I know that my blog won't be the same.

To begin, I don't want to spend my free time in my dorm because when will I ever get this opportunity again?! When I go to other countries, I am not paying for wi-fi because I will not be lugging my laptop with me...so that may disrupt the blog every now and then.

BUT! My blog will still be active. I have decided to create a new meme: Lili's Travel Diary. This will function as the name dictates. The most popular post I have ever done on my blog is my Israel Recap. It has several thousand views and counting, which makes me think that many of my readers have also been bitten by the travel bug. I have decided to use my blog as a way to chronicle my journeys in London and Europe. The plan is to have at least one post go up specifically about travel a week, but it all depends on what I am doing, just how much access I have to wi-fi in the moment, etc.

If we are being brutally honest, I plan on spending more time outside of my dorm than in it, and I plan on spending just as much time in Europe outside of London than I do within London. So posting will be tricky. With all of this in mind, I don't want my blog to die, but I want you to bear with me in this change.

I will still have bookish content, but it won't be a blog solely focused on books right now. I love my TTT and WoW memes too much to give them up, and every now and then a girl's gotta get her thoughts out about a book as a review. I have spent the past few weeks preparing content to go up while I am gone to help keep the bookish aspect of my blog stay alive, but I will also be reading in London. Reading won't be a priority, but it is part of who I am. I can't let it go. Especially when some of my most anticipated books ever are releasing while I am gone (talking to you, Remembrance by Meg Cabot)!

I figured it was only right to share my hopefully crazy awesome Europe experiences with you, but also to warn readers who do not have an interest in seeing this content. Lili's Reflections will be transitioning to include a very large travel element and not be solely based off of books, but I hope that you guys are willing to stick with me and experience this crazy journey together.

Goodbye New York, it's time to begin a love affair with a new city.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time in London!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun and safe trip. I can't wait to read your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I am happy you'll enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! And STAY SAFE! I'll be in London January of 2017 so I'm going to be living vicariously through you for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you'll have a great time I am sure! I watched other people studying abroad and got ideas from them!

      Delete
  4. I, for one, am crazy excited to see your travel adventures! I love London so, so much, so I plan to live vicariously through you. ;-) BUT...I totally get wanting to spend as little time as possible in your dorm and maybe not have super regular content. I have a friend currently doing a work exchange program in London and other than work and getting groceries, she hardly seems to leave her hostel and it makes me want to simultaneously cry and throttle her because she's SO LUCKY to be living in such a vibrant, busy city where there is ALWAYS something to do. I swear I did more in the week I was there last summer than she's done in the last year. So go out, enjoy, have fun, make memories, have adventures, try new things, conquer fears, do it all. I know you will. :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah good luck in London!! I'm sure it'll be amazing.
    I actually go to college in Dublin, while I'm originally from the U.S and it was a huge leap for me to choose to go there. I'll be honest, the missing home part hasn't gotten any easier in my four months of being over, but you do end up making it feel like home.
    Also, don't apologise for posting things that aren't book related. Your blog is supposed to reflect who you are, and I for one am excited to hear about all your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment made me ridiculously happy. I feel less alone and also like I was irrationally worried you wouldn't be interested in content such as this.

      THANK YOU <3

      Delete