Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Oh, the shame. It is all too real right now. I am back to being sad I only managed to read 55 books in 2015.

1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- I loved FANGIRL so much and while I have heard mixed things about this one, I still desperately want to read it for myself.

2. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera- I have a tendency to avoid books written by my friends out of fear, and I really need to get over that because this book taunted me on my shelf ever since its release.

3. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge- A fairytale retelling that I failed to read?! What?! I mean...my copy did get ruined when there was a leak above my bookshelf but that's no excuse.

4. Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli- I just need to read this book, okay? It won awards because it is so important and I need to read it.

5. Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider- I loved Schneider's debut and listed it as one of my faves of its year, so I don't know why I am so scared to read this one.

6. Uprooted by Naomi Novik- This just seems like such a me book, and me is disappointed I didn't read.

7. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff- IT IS JUST SO BIG IT CAN PRACTICALLY BE A MURDER WEAPON, OKAY!?!? That's kind of intimidating.

8. Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry- McGarry is a go to for YA romance and I want it in my life!

9. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo- I have no way to excuse my behavior with skipping this one. I am sorry.

10. The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick- I love this book's prequel so much and when I saw people weren't liking this one I shied away so hard. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I must get to it eventually though!

Don't forget to share your TTT lists with me in the comments below! Tell me, did anyone else shame themselves a million times while putting together this post?

14 comments:

  1. So many books and just not enough time. I never got to Six of Crows, Illiminae and No Where but Here. I am hoping to get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both! Thank you for stopping by <3

      Delete
  2. SIX OF CROWS, LILI. SIX OF CROWS. You MUST read that book! It's my favorite novel from Leigh, and I really think you'd enjoy it :) I also quite loved Nowhere But Here. It was definitely surprising to me, since I wasn't so sure about the story (the motorcycle club part), but I really liked it!

    I'm guilty of not reading More Happy Than Not and Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda too, but I plan to! They're on my reading list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The motorcycle club part through me for a loop but after hearing Katie talk about it and her childhood, I got very excited for it!

      They're on my many lists too ;)

      Delete
  3. I want to get to Carry On also. I still haven't managed to read Landline either. I'm so behind on Rainbow Rowell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like LANDLINE a lot. I think anyone can read any level, but LANDLINE is more meant for adults who are married because they can't relate to a lot of what the character went through if you haven't experienced it for yourself just yet.

      Delete
  4. Illuminae was absolutely amazing! It was my last and final read of 2015, and it ended up being my favorite. I also just finished reading Simon yesterday. It was very quirky and I loved the messages that it sent. I hope that you get to these this year! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very excited for both. TRUTHWITCH was my final read of 2015, and it was also one of my faves of the year. Seems we both finished off with a bang!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read Crimson Bound and Six of Crows as well! Glad I'm not alone in this! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no excuse for you! Simon vs, Six of Crows, and Illumaine MUST BE READ IMMEDIATELY. :P You know, when you're not gallivanting around London. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can they be read when I am back from my gallivanting around London? <3

      Delete
  7. So many wonderful books on your list! It is had for me to pick the one I think you should read most... maybe Six of Crows!! I hope you get around to reading these ones this year! I felt sad when putting my list together this week....**hangs head in shame**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIX OF CROWS is probably my biggest regret of this entire post!

      Delete