Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I had a lot of fun making this post because I put a lot of thought into it. I fully expect it to be something that I follow because of how badly I want to cross off all of these things from my list. So, in no particular order...

1. Try new things.
This is always a resolution for me. I want to do something new. I did a lot of new things in 2015, so many that I can't list them here, but I want to continue down this path and take some more risks.

2. Conquer a fear.
In 2015, I tackled two fears. On January 1, 2015, I got my ears pierced. This may not seem like a big deal, but for a girl who has a phobia of needles to willingly allow a needle to pierce his skin is crazy. I also rode an upside down roller coaster. I hate roller coasters, but Superman at Six Flags has you lay on your stomach AND takes you upside down. Two fears conquered (though  the second involved lots of screaming)! Let's cross another one off in 2016.

3. Travel.
One can argue I am already doing this since in just a few days I am leaving for the trip of a lifetime. I am spending the first 5 months of 2015 in England after all! But I have to travel within Europe. Traveling is one of my major passions and I haven't gotten out of the country for two years since my birthright trip to Israel. I want to cross some countries off my list with no regrets. Looking forward and never looking back.

4. Finish my undergrad without stressing myself out too much.
Upon my return from England in May, I have to take a test or two in the summer to guarantee I can graduate early. And then I am taking a full 18 credits in the fall to guarantee my early graduation in December. Having gone through a stressful semester this semester, I know there's going to be even more stress in my future and I just hope I can handle it well.

5. Eat healthier.
For a while over the summer and in the beginning of the fall of 2015, I was eating really healthy and working out regularly. But then school started and I was beyond stressed out. I barely had enough time to make food and work out, let alone focus on eating healthily. I want to get back to this and I think England is going to be a great place to do this since they have so many fresh food markets near my dorm--something I am lacking at home.

6. Transition my blog.
I have a post going up about this later, but I have decided to make a few changes to Lili's Reflections. Firstly, I want to document my travels in Europe to never forget them. And because I don't know when the next time I'll be abroad will be, I'll be doing less reading so my blog will have less of a book focus. But I want to continue blogging and I do want to keep talking books when I have the time. I don't want to stop blogging, and I am hoping ya'll will stick with me through this transition because I'm not ready to say goodbye to my little corner of the universe just yet.

7. Move to New York City permanently.
I commuted this last semester from New Jersey to guarantee my ability to study abroad in England now. Prior to that, I lived in college dorms while school was in session, but I have grown to think of NYC as my home and it hurts me to not be there. I have spoken to my family, and they are on board with trying to get me into NYC permanently in an apartment, so I am so ready for this! I want to make it happen so badly. NYC just makes me happier than I have ever felt before.

8. Continue with Summer of Series again.
The last summer event was so successful and so much fun to host! Prior to that I did it by myself and was not successful, which was upsetting. Last year was the first time I was successful and I want to not only be successful again, but I want to host the event for anyone who wants to participate! As an add on to this: I want to continue to finish some more series in general.

9. Be happy.
I started off the beginning of 2015 on a pretty bad note because I had a roommate who let her jealousy turn her into a monster. But once I got away from her and broke that tie, I became so much happier. This year, since March, has been nonstop happiness and excitement for me. I want these good vibes to continue because being happy is a wonderful thing, and I want nothing to hinder this from being the best year of my life so far. I mean...ENGLAND!

10. Keep in touch with my friends.
I'm kind of upset because 3 of my best friends (Max, Andrew, Taylor) are all graduating this year, and they'll be graduating while I am in Europe. I definitely want them to know how much I love them, but I also have to keep in touch with my regular friends...Dana, Carolyn, Tara, Lindsay, and so many more. It's going to take a lot of effort for this to happen since I won't see any of them for 8 months (5 months in Europe and then 3 months this summer if I am interning and they go home), so this will be hard but it is 100% necessary and a priority of mine.

I have high hopes for 2016, and I am determined to make it a kickass year. Have a happy 2016! Please don't forget to link your TTT posts below!

14 comments:

  1. Oooh very nice set of goals! Good luck with you undergrad!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finishing up my undergrad this year, too (But in Spring, not December)! I DREAM of one day living in NYC, so I hope you achieve your goal in that regard, as well. Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would be finishing up in the spring if I wasn't graduating early, so don't sweat it! You're right on track.

      Delete
  3. I AM SCARED OF ROLLER COASTERS TOO. Omg. But, yeah, I will never go on one again unless someone pays me. The last time I tried I puked afterwards. I hate them so much. :(
    I really hope to eat healthier too this year! I'm such a terrible eater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thrown up but I have had terrible stomach aches from nearly throwing up and screaming so much I hurt myself. So that sucks.

      Perhaps we can encourage each other to be healthy people! haha

      Delete
  4. Oh! I love the idea of moving to New York. If I could find a teaching job there, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't there certain rules about teaching? Like you need to be certified in the state you are in so you have to take a test or something? I am very curious!

      Delete
  5. Oh you're in England? Welcomee :3 Don't suppose you're in London..? If yes, then *high-five* That's pretty amazing that you're conquering your fears - you could not pay me to go on a roller coaster. I r e f u s e. I've been once and that's enough!!

    I'm also struggling with keeping a healthy lifestyle. It's so easy to get into bad/lazy habits at uni, or having packaged meals out of convenience. But thankfully, at least, I have been making stews and soups as a main meal, so now I just need to cut out the snacking. XD

    Aww. This was such a nice read. Lots of luck and encouragement from me for your goals!! I hope 2016 is a great year for you. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashana, I am in London! *high-five!* I can now say I have ridden a big girl roller coaster that put me on my stomach and went upside down so I don't need anything else ever again thank you very much.

      I haven't had the time to snack since coming to London because I've had very little time in my dorm, but I feel like that may change when classes start and my friend group isn't always free. We will see!

      Thank you. You as well!

      Delete
  6. I love that I was there for conquering one of your fears! That was a fun ride especially hearing your crazy screaming. I hope you have so many adventures in Europe!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT ALL OF THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely terrifying but I suppose I am glad you enjoyed it!

      ALL OF THE ADVENTURES <3

      Delete
  7. So many awesome resolutions, Lili! Yay for conquering fears and trying new things! I'm excited to read about your travels and your time abroad (lots and lots of pics, please!). As for the travelling while over there, it's SO easy. I don't think people from North America realize it unless/until they've been to Europe - here, you have to travel for hours or days to get anywhere, but in Europe, you just hop a train or a boat or even a plane and you're in another country in no time. It's amazing. And even when you're travelling from one place to the other, there's so much to see along the way.

    2016 is going to be amazing for you, I just know it. <3

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it lives up to everything I want it to be! <3 Thank you for your unconditional support, Marie!

      Delete