Stacking the Shelves #110

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

I promised myself I would limit myself to the amount of books I accumulate here in the UK because I'll want to bring them all home, but I am struggling because ALL OF THE BOOKS. I fail so hard.

Faber Book Event
Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley- I cannot express my excitement at receiving this book. I cannot wait to jump in and see what happens.
The Smell of Other Peoples Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock- I was immediately intrigued the second I heard that it takes place in Alaska. Talk about being unique!
Perijee and Me by Ross Montgomery- A middle grade about an alien that eats everything in sight but the main character can't get over its cuteness instead of recognizing its danger? Yeah, I kind of love the sound of this.
 
Some of my lovely blogger friends here in the UK helped me get invited to Faber's Spring blogger preview which was so much fun! I learned about some awesome new titles and met a lot of cool people on top of leaving with a goodie bag full of AMAZING BOOKS! <3 Thank you Faber for the goodies, and thank you Hannah for allowing this American to crash your British party.


Book Launches
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury

I went to two book launches while I have been here and I've been fortunate enough to grab two signed books from two awesome ladies! I will be doing a travel diary comparing book events soon! REBEL OF THE SANDS is one of my favorite reads of the year, so I can't wait for it to be released in the US this week!

Have you read any of these books? What do you think? Do any of them excite you? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!

5 comments:

  1. OOooh yay for signed books!!! I'll be meeting Alwyn in March for the Penguin Teen tour and am super excited! Gotta read the book first though. Which I gotta wait for the release date! Have a lot of books to read before that signing day! So I plan to get started asap!! Great haul of books! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I think you'll enjoy RotS! Genuinely! I love how I got to meet her here in the UK since I am missing here US tour. It worked out perfectly for me <3

      Delete
  2. I really need to read Rebel of the Sands. I have the arc but I need to stop setting it aside

    Check our STS and don't forget to enter our box or ARCs & Movie Swag giveaway!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need REBEL OF THE SANDS in your life pronto!

      Delete
  3. I'm quite excited to read The Smell of Other People's Houses! I've been intrigued since I first saw the cover, and I love that it's set in Alaska. Here's to hoping we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete