April Monthly Recap


~*~On The Blog~*~
I'm in extreme denial that I am going home in 3 weeks. SOMEONE GET ME A TIME TURNER BECAUSE THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. April was an amazing month. I did so much awesome stuff! I finished classes and then the month flew by because I visited 5 countries: Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Spain, and Portugal. I also managed a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge, bringing my travel total of the month to 18 days. I spent more days outside of England than I did in it! I also managed to turn in 3 essays due the first week of May, meaning I typed over 10,000 words in about 6 days? What?! I saw two shows: Les Miserables and A Midsummer Night's Dream. I announced my two summer internships at Nickelodeon and Tor. The list goes on and on. This month is a month to remember, even if I was so busy I barely got any reading done.

Books Reviewed:
Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley - 5 stars
When We Collided by Emery Lord - 4.5 stars

Books Read These 2 Months:
I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
15. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (ARC: 340 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None
    Total Pages Read This Month: 340 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 2,510 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 15
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 0
    Giveaways:
    • I was part of several blog tours featuring giveaways in this two month span, but unfortunately, none of them are still running.
    Lili's Travel Diary:
    • I kicked off the entire month with a travel diary! This travel diary recaps My Swiss Adventure to meet my friend, Jenn!
    • Then I created a Top Ten Tuesday post of my own chronicling my top ten British snacks, which led to a chocolate care package from Jim because apparently I have not had them all! 
    • I recapped my day trip to Cambridge where I got to hang out with Ashley.
    • An important post regarding my tips for dealing with homesickness went up too. I have had a blast here in London, but homesickness is definitely something I've dealt with on and off, so I wanted to share my thoughts about it.
    • I also managed to recap my day trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon! All of the Shakespeare! YAAASSS!
    Discussion Posts:
    Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
    • None this month, but I have some lined up for next month!
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    West End Shows:
    • I saw Les Miserables with Hannah and it blew my freaking mind! They have the original spinning stage here in the UK and just, woah. WOAH WOAH WOAH. Such a good show!!! How is it that I adore theatre and went this long without seeing it?!
    • I am seeing A Midsummer Night's Dream at The Globe tonight. I can't share thoughts just yet because I haven't seen it, but I've got my fingers crossed for at truly magical show. As I type out this post they are calling for rain, so keep me in your thoughts people!
    TV:
    • I properly finished my Sherlock binge by watching the January 1, 2016 special! That was definitely a disorienting episode, but I am so excited for it to be Christmas for the next episode! AHHHH
    • I am also still keeping up with Survivor and this season is getting good! So many blindsides, so much betrayal, so much kicking out the people I really really hate. I approve so much of where the season is heading right now, and some key players are really surprising me in good ways. I can't wait to see what's to come. Anyone else surprised by how much they're beginning to like Aubry?!
    • The Amazing Race is in the home stretch with 5 teams left, and I am very curious to see where it'll go. Lots of drama now that Kurt can't do anymore road blocks. I hope Brody doesn't ruin it all for them, but I am still rooting for Tyler and Kory. If they don't take it home then I want Burnie and Ashley too just because they're such good racers or Cole and his mom because they're so fun to watch. Anyone but the dancers. I really like the male dancer, but the girl dancer is just so terrible I'd cry if she wins.
    • I started my binge of Orphan Black and I am 100% IN LOVE with this series! I have finished the first two seasons, so I just have one more season to go before I can catch up with the current season's episodes that are on Netflix. Tatiana Maslany is life. That's all I've got to say.
    Movies: 
    • I haven't really watched any movies because I've barely had time to do so and have instead been dedicating my life to Orphan Black because I am an addict. Oops.
    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    1/10 Completed
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    4/30 Completed 
    • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
    • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
    • Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery 
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    2/16 Completed
    • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
    • When We Collided by Emery Lord
    Backlist Books Challenge:
    9/12 Completed
    • Edward II by Christopher Marlowe
    • King Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 
    • The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
    • A Woman Killed with Kindness by Thomas Heywood
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
    • 'Tis Pity She's A Whore by John Ford
    • As You Like It by William Shakespeare
    • The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont
    • Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
    Contemporary Romance Challenge:
    0/6 Completed
    • not yet
    Finishing The Series Challenge:
    1/7 Completed
      • The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
      ~*~Around London~*~
      I am leaving you in 22 days. I CANNOT THINK ABOUT THIS WITHOUT BEGINNING TO CRY.

      Countries
      I came to England with the goal of exploring 10 countries. Let's see if it happens.
      10/10 unlocked.
      • England- Though I have been here when I was 12, I am counting this because it is my home base and I plan on exploring the heck out of it.
      • Wales- I know this is not technically its own country, but I am considering it to be one for the sake of my travels. Lots of sheep, lots of rain, an interesting 24 hours.
      • Scotland- I spent the weekend leading into my birthday here and I had an absolute blast. I met some awesome people, saw some awesome sights, and got to ring in 21 in style.
      • France- Lots of drama this trip, but also a lot of learning about myself and falling in love with my new bestie, Eiffel. I am glad that I went on this trip, but I couldn't spend an extended period of time in this city. I didn't love it as much as I was hoping to.
      • Switzerland- I visited three different cities in a 4 day period in Switzerland and had an absolute blast being able to reconnect with an old co-blogger. Jenn made this trip so worth it, even if it was freezing and snowy at times.
      • Germany- Probably my second favorite trip of this entire adventure. I spent 2 days in Munich and 2 days in Berlin on a solo adventure to learn about myself and it was one of the most fun things I have ever done.
      • Denmark- I spent two days in Copenhagen and it was so fun! I am happy I went, but there's not a lot to do there. I couldn't imagine spending a very long period there.
      • The Netherlands- It was very rainy during my excursion there, but it was wonderful seeing Marieke and eating lots of yummy food <3 10/10 would recommend a weekend trip to Amsterdam for sure!
      • Spain- I spent a full six days in Spain, more days in any location except for London, and I already know that I need to go back in life one day. There is still so much left to see, but damn, did I love that country.
      • Portugal- I only spent two days in Portugal, but I know I have to go back one day. So much left to see of this beautiful culture.
      Cities
      I want to explore England just as much as I want to explore Europe, so I am taking some day trips! My goal is to hit up at least 7 British cities because I believe that's an easily obtainable number.
      6/7 unlocked.
      • Cambridge- I got to see Ashley in Cambridge, which in and of itself is a highlight. This is a beautiful town, but we went on a Saturday where not many colleges were open, so it was a bit hard to properly tourist. Either way, I loved the environment and seeing a friend is so, so worth the trip.
      • Stratford-Upon-Avon- This was a beautiful little town, very nice for a day trip but nothing more. There's not a lot to do and it gets boring rather quickly, even for Shakespeare fans myself, but seeing a Royal Shakespeare Company production is definitely one of the highlights of this study abroad experience for me.
      • Windsor- We stopped in Windsor on our way to Oxford. I am counting this gem of a town because we spent about two hours there and nearly the entire time I stood there staring at the Castle in awe.
      • Oxford- I loved this literary city. Sure, some of the sights I wanted to see may have been closed. I got to see you Bodleian Library, but unfortunately I did not get to tour you :(. Either way, I had an absolute blast on this day trip. Plus, the Oxford Yik Yak game is on point!
      • Salisbury- An important name until you realize Stonehenge is located there! So cool! So happy I went, even if it's a place you can only spend about an hour of your time at.
      • Bath- Such a peaceful city! I loved exploring The Roman Baths which totally didn't smell as bad as I was expecting them to. And then I just did some exploring around the area, had some delicious ice cream, and even played a round of mini golf with a cute guy. All in all a great trip.
      Sights Seen
      • Museums: The British Museum, The Tate Modern, The Natural History Museum, The National Gallery, Sherlock Holmes Museum
      • British History: Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, The Tower of London, Kensington Palace, The Globe Theatre, Stonehenge, Hampton Court Palace, Houses of Parliament
      • Parks: Hyde Park, Regent's Park, Green Park
      • Theater: The Master Builder, Matilda, In The Heights, Guys and Dolls, Miss Atomic Bomb, Hamlet, Billy Elliott, The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, A Midsummer Night's Dream
      • Random Fun: The Shard, Borough Market, Camden Market, Oxford Street
      Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

      No comments:

      Post a Comment